Universal Transportation Official Thread!

Disney Lover Addie

Original Poster
Okay everyone,
Recently an old IFly (Indoor Skydiving Arena) was closed, and I heard a rumor that Universal may buy it to make a monorail and a monorail link. I heard this rumor online and on Universal Newscast (A YouTube channel). Is this rumor true? How would you feel about it if it was true. Would it be too much like Disney?

ryguy

Based on my experience this weekend on I-Drive some sort of alternative transportation is a must. If I had a magic wand I would build a monorail from Uni-Convention Center. Or From the Outlets to the Convention Center. As I sat on I-drive its hard to imagine how they can widen the road. The Sand lake road intersection is a cluster too and needs to be reworked. In my opinion that is more pressing than what they are about to do over at crossroads and 535.

UCF

Based on my experience this weekend on I-Drive some sort of alternative transportation is a must. If I had a magic wand I would build a monorail from Uni-Convention Center. Or From the Outlets to the Convention Center. As I sat on I-drive its hard to imagine how they can widen the road. The Sand lake road intersection is a cluster too and needs to be reworked. In my opinion that is more pressing than what they are about to do over at crossroads and 535.
I believe construction just started on the SLR intersection (or will within the next month or or so) and I-Drive is supposed to get the special use bus & right turn lanes from SLR to the convention center where its already 6 laned next year, similar to I-Drive north of Wet n Wild.

matt9112

It's true, it is a rumor. Also a rumor that Universal will be using gondolas. I doubt either one. Subway would be cooler then both of those options.

subway with the potter trane tech!!!! could do a virtual property tour sort of. that would be awesome. tunnels are not cheap though.

Disney Lover Addie

Original Poster
Technically they build tunnels under the sea so it can be done but it would be way to expensive and I doubt universal would get an OK to build under I-4. Tunnels under the sea are usually dropped in pieces that are pumped out once connected up which I don't think is possible.

How about a hyper loop? Prefect short run proof of concept, longer to load then the trip.

Yeah I can't see Universal investing that much money on Transportation!

I think I will rename the thread.

Is that ok?

trr1

I would like to see something like this
http://www.ultraglobalprt.com/
ULTra (rapid transit)
300px-ULTraPodHeathrowAirport.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom