Universal Testing Drone Technology

Bob Harlem

One of the weather webcams half a mile away near Universal got a few (grainy B&W IR mode) frames of this last night:

1675169670595.png
1675169674592.png
1675169679550.png
1675169685905.png

Last edited:

Andrew25

Is it possible any of this testing is for something due this year or would it only be for next year's new lagoon show?

Next year they are expected to do a major push in the event space. I think it looks like they're still trying to figure out if they can pull off drones on a nightly basis and if it's even worth it.

TTA94

Maybe it’s just me but I feel disappointed in WDW for not continuing to use drones a long time ago so it was special to WDW. Now USO is going to take the spotlight it seems.

Andrew25

Maybe it’s just me but I feel disappointed in WDW for not continuing to use drones a long time ago so it was special to WDW. Now USO is going to take the spotlight it seems.
I will say, the Electrical Parade concept is very unique compared to other drones and most people will not care who does it first lol

Universal did "controlled spin" on Gringotts in 2014, and Disney still managed to convince some people they were the first with Guardians in 2022 lmao

TTA94

I will say, the Electrical Parade concept is very unique compared to other drones and most people will not care who does it first lol

Universal did "controlled spin" on Gringotts in 2014, and Disney still managed to convince some people they were the first with Guardians in 2022 lmao

True. I suppose it’s all in the way they use the drones. No different than projections I suppose.

celluloid

Holiday World, Dollywood and to some extent Stone Mountain all do well done Drone Shows also.

I am excited for the HHN potential programing too.

Last edited:

DKampy

Universal in no way the 1st to use Drone technology… I saw a decent drone show at a resort I stayed at in Hawaii this past summer

Andrew25

The Saturday test included random objects, wondering if they're still testing whether or not to include drones or if they're just hiding what they are planning for show sequences. The test on Saturday include low level pyro

celluloid

The Saturday test included random objects, wondering if they're still testing whether or not to include drones or if they're just hiding what they are planning for show sequences. The test on Saturday include low level pyro

Testing flight timing while not giving away.

Collaboration and compliance.

Drones will be included.

New shapes will be visible soon.

Andrew25

Testing flight timing while not giving away.

Collaboration and compliance.

Drones will be included.

New shapes will be visible soon.
That's what I was thinking, the pyro test to me shows they are ready to run the show, just need final approvals before they put in the work.

Even though the show will be at USF, should be fun to see it from the Hulk/Toon Lagoon side of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom