Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

tonymu

Premium Member
Digging on the Orange County Transportation website, I found a drawing updated April 11, 2018 that has the planned path for the Kirkman Rd. South extension. It says in numerous places that while they have it drawn they have no funding, no property acquired, no plans drawn and no agreements with the current property owners.

It also shows a Shingle Creek Trail going through the property on the East side where there is an undeveloped path through the trees on Google Earth. It say the top half of the Trail will have Construction End Dec. 2018 and the bottom half starting construction Aug. 2021 and ending Aug. 2022. It would seem that Universal would not be developing that part of the property.
District 6 Future Roadway Map Universal.jpg

lebeau

I've said this before, they need to fill out the current parks while they work on the new land. I wanted to see Nintendoland completed by 2020. It looked like that was in the cards.

I don't specifically care when Nintendoland opens. I want it done right, so I'd rather they take their time. But I agree with the sentiment that they should not neglect the existing parks while building the new one. I think they have learned their lesson there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Digging on the Orange County Transportation website, I found a drawing updated April 11, 2018 that has the planned path for the Kirkman Rd. South extension. It says in numerous places that while they have it drawn they have no funding, no property acquired, no plans drawn and no agreements with the current property owners.

It also shows a Shingle Creek Trail going through the property on the East side where there is an undeveloped path through the trees on Google Earth. It say the top half of the Trail will have Construction End Dec. 2018 and the bottom half starting construction Aug. 2021 and ending Aug. 2022. It would seem that Universal would not be developing that part of the property.
View attachment 281999

Nice find.

Here's the link for a higher resolution: https://www.orangecountyfl.net/Port...tation/docs/District 6 Future Roadway Map.pdf

Big Bang

I can't recall which article it was (it was one behind a paywall), but they sourced a Universal Orlando source (who wished to remain anonymous) who said that they were in negotiation with the city about funding part of the Kirkman project. It would be a major road for them to utilize for their park entrance.

The pathway coincides with the boundaries drawn in the mass grading plan, so it looks like Universal is going to focus on the areas they can develop without being challenged. My guess is that they will do the new park(s) and large resort side by side.

FigmentForver96

In the midst of all your trolling I guess you missed the grading pics..... So sad to be filled with hate, you miss the largest expansion of theme parks in 40 years in the US.
I imagine we would need to wait in order to see if this will rival the Disney decade of the 90s. Very exciting times though

Voxel

President of Progress City
The land for WDW was purchased in 1964 and 1965, at least six years before the Magic Kingdom opened. It takes a while.
In all fairness they did have a design and plan change between that period with Walt's Death, but the point stands this change and plans develop.

You have to actually spend a few years doing over a thousand drawings first.
This. It's not uncommon to get permits to clear areas before they submit the architecture or development plans for where things go on the land.. All they need to do at this point is get permission modify the land..

I think a great example of this is the Leveling that took place in Shanghai and Universal Bejing. Both took a year or more just to prep the site for construction..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom