Universal (sorry)

SallyShine

Original Poster
We're going to Universal in July (a free trip, I would never pay to go there) and I can't seem to find any great web sites. Any suggestions?

Nemo14

SallyShine said:
We're going to Universal in July (a free trip, I would never pay to go there) and I can't seem to find any great web sites. Any suggestions?
Sneak away and go to WDW!!!

Disneyfanman

My favorite web sites for Universal have either closed or are under refurb. There seems to be less and less interest in Universal these days on the net. IOA desperately needs some capital investment (It's beautiful, but nearly the same place as opening day), and USO, while it continues to evolve, seems to be having a tough time.

Try WDWinfo and look to their discussion boards, as well as WDWmagic. Also use Universal's own website....it's well designed and usually has some awesome discounts. Also, the "Unofficial Guide to WDW" has a great section on the Universal Parks.

Have fun.

goofyfamily

universal

We loved Universal and I am a true Disney fanatic. We are doing Disney in October and I am still trying to squeeze a day over there. Of course I will still stay at Disney. I found alot of info out on Universals direct website. Also Debs has an area with some info . Dont feal guilty because Universal is totally different than Disney. Make sure you do the Mummy

Raptorsr

this guy is great

Try this website www.universal-excitement.com has both disney and universal. He's been getting screwed over by universal for a while now so has started going back to disney. His website has information on everything. I am not a fan of universal all that much but it still has some great themed and technical rides that but they are only a hand full like spidey, dueling dragons, and the hulk, the rest are just plays on stuff disney all ready has but still its a fun day but you can do everything in one day so if you have more than that take a trip down to disney and at least see magic kingdom. If you are staying on site you get fast pass for all the rides so it makes it even faster to see everything, too.

Lightyear

Thanks for asking the question. I am taking my son the thrill freak to Uni. for two days of our July trip. He better be happy!!!

I have googled for info and it is hard to come by.

SallyShine

Original Poster
Agreed, there are not many Universal nuts out there. Although, there is not nearly as much to get excited about over there.

We may try and sneek over to the MK and check out PoC as it was closed in April. I'm pretty well set on ride info as things haven't changed since we were there the last time. What I'm really interested in is info on restaurants (in both parks and city walk)

JROK

Good restaurants...

In IOA: Burger Digs in Jurassic Park has great burgers... Comic Strip Cafe in Toon has great selection... Mythos in Lost Continent is an excellent sit-down...

In USF: Finnegin's in NY is great for a drink... Mel's in Hollywood is also good for a quick bite...

In CityWalk: NASCAR Cafe and Margarita Ville are great for the family... Emeril's is another great sit-down... If you go to Emeril's, get the Chef's sampler (7 course) with wine pairing... MMMMMM!!!:slurp:

bayoutinkbelle

I love Universal too, just not as much as Disney. We'll be spending a few days or more there on our upcoming vacation (10 days away!!) I do agree that some upgrading needs to take place to grab some interest that's long since faded for some folks.

kcnole

I love the Universal parks and am excited to visit again later this year (hopefully) but their theme parks are losing money hand over fist. I don't think they really have much money to upgrade their parks and it's a shame because they were a good park when they first opened and Disney has gotten better with the competition being there.

Michael72688

kcnole said:
I love the Universal parks and am excited to visit again later this year (hopefully) but their theme parks are losing money hand over fist. I don't think they really have much money to upgrade their parks and it's a shame because they were a good park when they first opened and Disney has gotten better with the competition being there.

Thats actually very wrong. Universal's attendance is dropping faster then a brick but last year, even with an 11% drop in attendance they posted record profit and are currently on track to do it again this year.

nerdboyrockstar

I'm a huge Universal nut and universal-excitement.com is good a website but for forums, I enjoy ioacentralboards.com much more. Also, when it comes to trip planning, the disboards.com is great. Just check their Universal section for info. Try to do a search first. Most of your questions have probably already been answered. And the people there a lot nicer about Universal than here.

beyondthepalace

Raptorsr said:
Try this website www.universal-excitement.com has both disney and universal. He's been getting screwed over by universal for a while now so has started going back to disney. His website has information on everything. I am not a fan of universal all that much but it still has some great themed and technical rides that but they are only a hand full like spidey, dueling dragons, and the hulk, the rest are just plays on stuff disney all ready has but still its a fun day but you can do everything in one day so if you have more than that take a trip down to disney and at least see magic kingdom. If you are staying on site you get fast pass for all the rides so it makes it even faster to see everything, too.

Screwed over by Universal??? Hmm I wonder why. For someone who walks around the parks thinking he knows more then employees who have been there since the beginning. A person who sneaks backstage to areas where he does not belong just to get pics. A passholder who thinks he should get his way just because he has a website and should get better treatment then any celebrity.
UO should buy him a Disney pass just to go away.

kcnole

Michael72688 said:
Thats actually very wrong. Universal's attendance is dropping faster then a brick but last year, even with an 11% drop in attendance they posted record profit and are currently on track to do it again this year.

I'm glad to find I was wrong then. Maybe I misinterpreted the drop in attendance to drop in profits. I thought I'd read that they were having to sell property to pay off huge debts or something like that.

Michael72688

They sold off all the land they were going to use to build the other side of the resort by Lockheed Martin but that happened while Vivendi was trying to see it. They did however loose money during the first quarter of this year. Hopefully that doesnt continue and they can pull a profit without having to cut costs. Universal Orlando has only profited twice since Islands opened, 2004 and 2005.

DigitalDisney

Another Universal nut here...

Here are my food suggestions...
IOA:
- Cafe 4. It's got Pizza/Pasta/Salad, and all the excitement of Marvel Superhero Island. If it's busy, it may be hard to find a table. =/
- Burger Digs. Average burgers with a good topping bar, and an outstanding view if you sit outside.

USF:
- I've really only eaten pizza at Louie's

As a tip, if the hours are short, only eat a quick lunch at the parks, then grab dinner either in Citywalk or somewhere outside of the parks. Time spent eating is time not spent on great rides and shows.

JT3000

nerdboyrockstar said:
I'm a huge Universal nut and universal-excitement.com is good a website but for forums, I enjoy ioacentralboards.com much more. Also, when it comes to trip planning, the disboards.com is great. Just check their Universal section for info. Try to do a search first. Most of your questions have probably already been answered. And the people there a lot nicer about Universal than here.

Judging by the thread starter's posts, they don't care how nice anyone is about Universal. In fact, I wish you hadn't told them about those boards. We don't need people like this over there.

nerdboyrockstar

JT3000 said:
Judging by the thread starter's posts, they don't care how nice anyone is about Universal. In fact, I wish you hadn't told them about those boards. We don't need people like this over there.

Well, ignorant people are only ignorant because they're not educated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom