Universal Singapore

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Looking to get general advice about USS, including accomodations, airport transfers and what attractions are worth doing the most for someone who has already visited UOR and USJ. Their HHN too if anyone has been to it.

Thinking of going here before or after HKDL.

BrianLo

It’s been almost a decade, but there are pretty reasonable public transport options around the island or they have an Uber like service now call Grab. Looks pretty cheaply priced.

Everything should be doable within a day since I seem to recall having done everything.

Unique (like most universal not a ton): but Mummy is the best iteration. Jurassic Park they utilize a raft instead of a flume. Madagascar Crate Adventure (if still open) is one of your more unique offerings - but unfortunately it’s not very good.

There are some recent offerings like Puss in Boots (a simple coaster) and Spaghetti Chase (a simple dark ride) that will be unique.

Then BattleStar Galactica is probably the main standout.

It’s all very well packaged and looks very nice, but I think the main reason you hear of Limited Westerners going to Singapore for USS is that it really lacks anything groundbreakingly different. Formerly it was the first to open Transformers and I had never actually been on Spider-Man at the time. It’s the McDonalds of theme parks.

Singapore is a nice place to visit though!

Sir_Cliff

It’s been almost a decade, but there are pretty reasonable public transport options around the island or they have an Uber like service now call Grab. Looks pretty cheaply priced.

Everything should be doable within a day since I seem to recall having done everything.

Unique (like most universal not a ton): but Mummy is the best iteration. Jurassic Park they utilize a raft instead of a flume. Madagascar Crate Adventure (if still open) is one of your more unique offerings - but unfortunately it’s not very good.

There are some recent offerings like Puss in Boots (a simple coaster) and Spaghetti Chase (a simple dark ride) that will be unique.

Then BattleStar Galactica is probably the main standout.

It’s all very well packaged and looks very nice, but I think the main reason you hear of Limited Westerners going to Singapore for USS is that it really lacks anything groundbreakingly different. Formerly it was the first to open Transformers and I had never actually been on Spider-Man at the time. It’s the McDonalds of theme parks.

Singapore is a nice place to visit though!
I agree with all of this.

I would imagine you'd be disappointed if you travelled to Singapore just to see Universal as my memory from 3 years ago is that it is quite small in comparison to the other Universal parks. It seems to me more like the Uni version of what Disney was attempting with HKDL as a scaled-down park that could be build for smaller regional markets. You wouldn't need more than a day there, and by the evening you'll probably be heading out into Sentosa or wherever you're staying to amuse yourself.

That said, it could be a good excuse to spend a few days in Singapore!

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I'm going to this park soon and was wondering if Express Pass was worth it, or are the lines not so bad?

Park hours in September are just 10:00am-6:00pm, even when HHN isn't happening.

Mark_E

I've been several times, and it's never too busy.
Longest line is usually the Jurassic Rapids, but they do have single rider so you can skip most of it if you don't mind splitting. Mummy and Transformers also has single rider.
The two coasters can get busy, but you'll find the park really empties out around 4pm onwards. Save Mummy/Transformers/Shrek for the inevitable afternoon storm.
Special effects stage is fun too.

Sir_Cliff

My (admittedly one-time) experience was that it wasn't too busy and Express Pass wouldn't have been necessary. It's also not all that big, so you don't need to run around in a day to see it all. Singapore is fun, too, so enjoy!

Wendy Pleakley

I was there in February 2016.

My experience echoed what others have said, busy during the day but the crowds disappear later in the day. As an example, Transformers was a 60-minute wait around lunch time and a walk-on during the last hour of operation.

I loved the Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase dark ride. I always like flying dark rides.

The Battlestar Galactica coasters seemed to be the busiest all day, so those would be my recommendation to rope drop.

You'll have no problem seeing everything in a day. Should be fairly straight forward in terms of prioritizing the unique to Singapore attractions.

If you're spending more than a day I enjoyed the water park there, and there's quite a few things to do at Sentosa.

Mount Faber Park across the way is beautiful.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Went to the park today and despite the crowds I did not need Express Pass. Between noon and 6pm I saw 7 different rides and shows, going on Spaghetti Space twice. Unfortunately I only managed to do one side of Galactica because it broke down earlier in the day when I was half way through the line.

Mark_E

I was there just over a week ago on the 25th November. Very busy due to the schools being out.

They are very inefficient with loading compared to the Orlando parks. Only one side at Mummy for loading, limited number of rafts at Jurassic, one train per track for the big coasters - the problem with this is its basically 16 people per train, then a train of express passes, repeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom