Universal Hotels-2 resorts???

Disney5Mom

Original Poster
Planning first family trip to Universal next March. One family would like to try HRH and the other (us) would like to try RP. Are the resorts really walking distance:lookaroun ?? Would you recomend staying in 2 different resorts or should we all stay at one resort :confused:? DH and I love to swim and are afraid HRH pool will be too shallow for us.Thanks for any suggestions.

crazydaveh

Man, that's a tough call between the two hotels.

I really like the RP. It's about a five minute walk to CityWalk. The walkway joins CityWalk at Margaritaville. The pool is great, but no slide. Volleyball court and the beach like area along the water is nice to relax to.

HR has the "attitude" to be honest with you. The pool, in my opinion, is better than RP's. It has a slide and there is music playing all around the area giving it a more "party" feel.

The walk to from the HR to CityWalk area is about 2 minutes and you come out next to the entrance of USF.

The RP is newer, but HR still is loads of fun! I'd stay at both if you can. This way you don't have to choose!

Good luck!

beyondthepalace

Disney5Mom said:
Planning first family trip to Universal next March. One family would like to try HRH and the other (us) would like to try RP. Are the resorts really walking distance:lookaroun ?? Would you recomend staying in 2 different resorts or should we all stay at one resort :confused:? DH and I love to swim and are afraid HRH pool will be too shallow for us.Thanks for any suggestions.

The two resorts are approx 10 min walking apart with RP closer to Margaritaville and IOA while HRH is closer to USF. The pool at RP is the biggest in Orlando so if your looking for the swimming, then thats the place for you.

On a side note, Portofino Bay has 3 pools total. One for families, one for more quiet swimming, while another one just to take a dip in.

hope this helps

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom