Universal Express Plus Tickets

hartj5

Original Poster
I have purchased Universal Express Plus tickets. Does anyone have any experience with them? Do you really get to go on the rides a lot faster than people who are in the regular line? How long of a wait should I expect? Thanks! :)

dsnyfreak

it's extremely fast especially during peak times but the only downfall is you can only use them for 1 time for each attraction. How they can determine if you have rode already or not is beyond me because you only show them the pass and you don't have it scanned. the only thing I can think of is that ou ride once and then go back later when there is another person working and try again. good luck and have fun!!!!!!!:D

it's extremely fast especially during peak times but the only downfall is you can only use them for 1 time for each attraction. How they can determine if you have rode already or not is beyond me because you only show them the pass and you don't have it scanned. the only thing I can think of is that ou ride once and then go back later when there is another person working and try again. good luck and have fun!!!!!!!:D
When you show them the pass the person working there writes the initials of the ride on your ticket.

cmatt

I heard the attendants don't always initial the passes. Maybe we'll get to ride more than once.

also the ones that do - use a really crappy pen that rubs off *coughs* :king:

i rode spiderman 4 times in one day with my pass and so did my gf. We even went on return of the mummy consecutively and no one batted an eye lid!

Went on the hulk though and got nailed as they scanned it :fork: but er still let me through :cool:

crazydaveh

If the stand by line is less than 15-20 minutes, get in that line. No need to possibly waste a short wait on your pass. This can happen early in the day and again right before the park closes. You can get in a couple of rides without having to use it and then go back during the busy times of the day and skip the line with the pass!

If the wait is long, go ahead and use the espress passes.

Have fun.

Darcy

worth it

SO you think it is worth the money?
Did you have to wait at all with the passes?

How long are waits during peak times say in April would you think?

KevGuy

I used it last year on my April trip and it was well worth it. I waited maybe 5-10 mins at most for all the coasters.:sohappy:

lisak09

We used them last year and it meant we only had to wait for a few minutes for each ride. Although we only got to use them once for every ride i found it really cut down on waiting times and i will definitely get them again this year when we go back in august.

Laura

Premium Member
I'm bumping this thread to ask another question. At the Universal website the Express Plus tickets for June are $44 a piece after tax!!!!

If I get to the park early and buy an express pass first thing in the morning, will it still cost $44? Or are the ones they sell in the park less expensive? For some reason I remembered them being more like $20 last time we went.

I mean it would cost $131 for my 2 kids and I to get Express Plus passes if they really are $44, which is outrageous!

Another question...if the express plus passes on the website sell out, does this mean they won't have any left in the park that morning? Or do they reserve some to sell in the park as well?

From past experience I know that it's completely impossible to visit Universal in the summer without those passes. Last time we went without them we waited over 2 hours for each attraction (I'm talking Twister!!) and after a whole day of waiting in the sun we only rode 3 things total and left miserable. We wanted to buy the express passes, but by the time we arrived they were long gone.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
$44 per pass for June sounds about right and I agree it is highway robbery. From my understanding their price varies by season and as you know June is peak season.

kcnole

You'll still have a wait on some rides but nothing like what everyone else is in. If everyone else is in an hour line yours will be around 15 minutes from my experience. Some rides will be a walk on. I don't really find it worth the money (especially during the times when they're like 50 bucks or so) but I do find the unlimited express benefit from the hotels to be a great deal.

kcnole

I've been during some awfully busy times and have never once had to have express to ride all the major things. No, I wasn't able to ride them a second time, but I always get everything in.

julwh

My husband and I got the Express Pass tickets last summer and never had anyone initial them (maybe we just got lucky). We used them MULTIPLE times on rides like The Hulk and no one ever questioned it. Generally they looked at the pass and waved us through.

It was a huge timesaver - we didn't have a wait time for any ride we went on and we were there in late June.

kcnole

Good, those people who abuse express passes is one of the things that has made the system so bad at Universal.

julwh

Good, those people who abuse express passes is one of the things that has made the system so bad at Universal.

I wasn't aware when I bought the express pass that it could only be used once per ride. I looked at my pass last night and it was actually a VIP Pass so maybe that is different than the Express Pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom