Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Forgot to mention, I'm not a fan of not connecting the individual lands to each other, but not entirely worried just yet that the Hub will be a congested mess.
Neither am I when Universal brings back their COVID-era reservation system for EU's first year (at least).

Andrew25

Neither am I when Universal brings back their COVID-era reservation system for EU's first year (at least).
I'm sure they might use a (day of) reservation system on when to access some of the lands (Primarily SNW & MoM) on the busiest of days. Supposedly Epic will only sell 1-day tickets on the first few weeks of operations to reduce stress during the first few days (I think it's a terrible idea as SWGE at Disneyland proved APs/locals wouldn't buy into it. Just have a reservation system for APs).

But back to the park's layout, I wouldn't worry too much.

Andrew25

Possibly the biggest of the 5 announcements, that should draw large audiences/eyes.

Wonder if Disney announces new monorail carpets?

Rich Brownn

Well, would doing that and blocking off the paths between the lands improve guest flow?

Again, we'll see how it works in practice. On paper, though, it seems like a valiant effort at good theming but one that might not be great for park ops.
Ironically Disneyland had dead ends for years and no one seemed to notice. The whole idea is when you walk into that land, that land and only that land is visible. No castle looming over Frontierland. As several people pointed out DA is basically a portal and it works fine.

Andrew25

Ironically Disneyland had dead ends for years and no one seemed to notice. The whole idea is when you walk into that land, that land and only that land is visible. No castle looming over Frontierland. As several people pointed out DA is basically a portal and it works fine.
Even within parks that feature multiple access points you have congestion. I don't think it'll be as bad as people think.

Isn't May 2 for SNW?
Yes, but don't quote me on that since Universal loves to botch announcements lol

ThemeParkTraveller

I was expecting Super Nintendo or Wizarding World to be my favorite land at Epic Universe before construction started, but I'm absolutely loving the Dark Universe aesthetics. The description of its E-ticket as Forbidden Journey but all physical sets actually has me more hyped than the Rise of the Resistance-equivalent Ministry attraction. If/when Dark Universe gets the rumored Pirates of the Caribbean-style boat ride based on Creature from the Black Lagoon, it will easily be my favorite land in Orlando.

ToTBellHop

Mine Cart Madness has 3 visible queues, so while the park may not open with Express, it’s being designed for it (and presumably single riders in this case).

I wonder which rides require lockers.

Surprisingly low height requirements here. They seem to be finally targeting families with younger kids. Nothing over 48” (and a coaster at 40” and another at 36”; presumably the Dark Universe coaster will have a low requirement, too).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mine Cart Madness has 3 visible queues, so while the park may not open with Express, it’s being designed for it (and presumably single riders in this case).

I wonder which rides require lockers.

Surprisingly low height requirements here. They seem to be finally targeting families with younger kids. Nothing over 48” (and a coaster at 40” and another at 36”; presumably the Dark Universe coaster will have a low requirement, too).
This park appears to be incredibly well designed…

Can’t wait to see tons of shade thrown at it round here while wdw unveils…nothing…

Jambo Dad

This park appears to be incredibly well designed…

Can’t wait to see tons of shade thrown at it round here while wdw unveils…nothing…
I am not sure there will be as much shade as there once night have been. Disney has made too many unforced errors that have angered the faithful from movies and Disney plus, lack of new capacity, escalating prices, terrible decisions in new and remodeled hotels, and slow construction when they do build. Let’s see if they get the magic back.

Last edited by a moderator:

TalkToEthan

Universal finally admits what we all should know by now: screens are a detriment—-they adulterate attractions.

“There are zero screens” Referring to Donkey Kong.

Andrew25

Yup, with 4-passenger vehicles, I'd imagine single rider will work fine unlike Velocicoaster or Hagrid.

I am not sure there will be as much shade as there once night have been. Disney has made too many unforced errors that have off the faithful from movies and Disney plus, lack of new capacity, escalating prices, terrible decisions in new and remodeled hotels, and slow construction when they do build. Let’s see if they get the magic back.
There will always be a path to criticize Universal over something. Universal ain't cheap either, and in my opinion, does deserve some flack over some recent budget cuts/operational changes in the last year.

Universal finally admits what we all should know by now: screens are a detriment—-they adulterate attractions.
They've admitted that for years now, just taking time to actually open stuff up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not sure there will be as much shade as there once night have been. Disney has made too many unforced errors that haveed off the faithful from movies and Disney plus, lack of new capacity, escalating prices, terrible decisions in new and remodeled hotels, and slow construction when they do build. Let’s see if they get the magic back.
…that is a great point

The”superiority complex” has diminished a lot..especially since the shutdown

100% self inflicted too

Epcot82Guy

Criticism of Universal is certainly valid. Especially given their recent price hikes, food quality and the privacy policy on their facial rec system (but maybe that's the privacy attorney in me). I also think praise on this project also seems due. As always, we'll have to see the final product. But, there is a lot to be excited about, IMHO.

jrhwdw

Criticism of Universal is certainly valid. Especially given their recent price hikes, food quality and the privacy policy on their facial rec system (but maybe that's the privacy attorney in me). I also think praise on this project also seems due. As always, we'll have to see the final product. But, there is a lot to be excited about, IMHO.
Have to admit, I've been impressed with UOR this Week! They delivered, as promised Monday and Today!!! How UOR avoided HHN News with Halfway To Halloween IDK but Very Impressive!!!

This is NUTS!!! Is this a Screen or are we really going to see Guests in mid Air with nothing underneath??!??!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom