Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JT3000

They don't follow the same path....half the ride is completely different path, this is like saying Duelling Dragons was a racing coaster.
They don't need to follow the same path to be a racing coaster. They only need to begin and end in the same place at the same time. Dueling Dragons was a dueling coaster, because it had dueling maneuvers.

celluloid

Did you look at the builder name on the video too? 🙂
I did! You made a good dual racing coaster. No need to get offended as the posters who responded to your question on what was the difference pointed out the semantics. I was just pointing out the same semantics that this is a dual coaster or racing coaster more than what was listed as a Dueling coaster which is typically seen as many different elements where the trains come at each other.

Last edited:

tommyhawkins

I did! You made a good dual racing coaster. No need to get offended as the posters who responded to your question on what was the difference pointed out the semantics. I was just pointing out the same semantics that this is a dual coaster or racing coaster more than what was listed as a Dueling coaster which is typically seen as many different elements where the trains come at each other.
Offended, No. Amused that you Well Actually'd the title of a video in. Areally sanctimonious way. Absolutely

matt9112

They don't need to follow the same path to be a racing coaster. They only need to begin and end in the same place at the same time. Dueling Dragons was a dueling coaster, because it had dueling maneuvers.

In order for it to dual....didnt it need to be dispatched basically at the same time? I think you guys are arguing about nothing. Both coaster types are more or less interchangeable as well as rare enough to not have some distinct precedence to establish how it's different.

lazyboy97o

I thought they were already moving away from Fantastic Beasts for the land. Last I heard it was going to be themed to the UK Ministry of Magic.
The Ministry of Magic ride was always going to be in the land.

In order for it to dual....didnt it need to be dispatched basically at the same time? I think you guys are arguing about nothing. Both coaster types are more or less interchangeable as well as rare enough to not have some distinct precedence to establish how it's different.
Dueling Dragons had a computer controlled lift hill that varied the lift speed based on the weight of each train to get the vehicles to duel.

celluloid

Offended, No. Amused that you Well Actually'd the title of a video in. Areally sanctimonious way. Absolutely

I apologize if it came off that way. When you put it that way it makes it seem like you feel my post was an attempted attack. That was not my intention. I attempted to avoid that atmosphere in my original post with pointing out that it is semantics. Much like a theme park can also be argued to be amusement park, or is The Amazing Spiderman more dark ride than simulator so referring to it as a simulator would not be as accurate. Semantics matter as much as one cares, if you don't, that is fine and I don't think myself higher moral standing than thou over it.

JT3000

I wasn't arguing about anything, I was clarifying for someone who sounded confused.

A coaster either duels or it doesn't. It's pretty cut & dry. Both tracks of Dueling Dragons were originally dispatched at the same time, allowing it to duel. They stopped operating it as a dueling coaster after the eye injury. Ask basically anyone who was a fan of the ride and they will tell you this had a major effect on the ride, so it's not an insignificant detail.

Last edited:

sedati

One thing I've noticed following the Mario Land construction going on in California is that the slits cut into the central hill (with the moving cloud platforms) seems a lot narrower than the version in Japan. Hopefully this might be a sign of a re-engineered solution as seeing those openings looked pretty bad in my opinion. If this turns out to be true I'd also hope Orlando gets this improvement.

Tom Morrow

I hate to say it, but I remain completely unenthusiastic about this park. I wish we could hear something announced that would make me excited.

Another Potter land at this point is overkill. Either they'll do something related to the OG story which will feel out of place and disconnected in a way that Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley don't, or they'll do Fantastic Beasts which nobody cares about at all.

We know that Super Nintendo World is... not amazing, and have yet to see what the Donkey Kong expansion might be like.

How To Train Your Dragon... who cares? Even if it's a well-regarded children's IP, that ship has kinda sailed and it's been lost in a sea of even more CGI mediocrity from anything non-Pixar.

Universal Monsters sounds promising but we just don't have any details to be excited over.

I have an odd feeling that this will be the thing that makes parks decide to dial back on ultra-specific one-IP lands.

My95cobras

I hate to say it, but I remain completely unenthusiastic about this park. I wish we could hear something announced that would make me excited.

Another Potter land at this point is overkill. Either they'll do something related to the OG story which will feel out of place and disconnected in a way that Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley don't, or they'll do Fantastic Beasts which nobody cares about at all.

We know that Super Nintendo World is... not amazing, and have yet to see what the Donkey Kong expansion might be like.

How To Train Your Dragon... who cares? Even if it's a well-regarded children's IP, that ship has kinda sailed and it's been lost in a sea of even more CGI mediocrity from anything non-Pixar.

Universal Monsters sounds promising but we just don't have any details to be excited over.

I have an odd feeling that this will be the thing that makes parks decide to dial back on ultra-specific one-IP lands.
You don’t like something?! There’s a surprise…

BrianLo

I'm curious what the park headliner will be, the signature attraction so to speak. The coasters do look pretty good.

Mario Kart won't be it though and I'm not sure how I feel about this Potter pod-like experience. It rings a bit too much like Millennium Falcon. A perfectly serviceable E-ticket perhaps. Unless the take is wrong and the vehicle actually moves through the whole show building.

Maybe Monsters?

I do think the lands themselves will generally be quite strong though. Super Nintendo Land already is and we have a pretty predictable expectation for Potter.

BubbaisSleep

I'm curious what the park headliner will be, the signature attraction so to speak. The coasters do look pretty good.

Mario Kart won't be it though and I'm not sure how I feel about this Potter pod-like experience. It rings a bit too much like Millennium Falcon. A perfectly serviceable E-ticket perhaps. Unless the take is wrong and the vehicle actually moves through the whole show building.

Maybe Monsters?

I do think the lands themselves will generally be quite strong though. Super Nintendo Land already is and we have a pretty predictable expectation for Potter.
Being that monsters is utilizing the KUKA arm, I would bet on that and the main Harry Potter ride to be the big draws along with the Nintendo World itself (if many don't care for the main ride, like Gringotts, the land is still amazing and interactive). I'm actually really excited for the Monster's ride as I think the only other ride to use this system is in Dubai and unavailable for POV's. There are so many rumors though we may have a few sleeper-hits.

I agree, I think the lands look pretty strong including the hub which contains rides and the ride count is already rumored to be up there with other parks. They have so much expansion room that if the lands don't appeal to one today, they may have a land that will in the future.

OG Runner

Being that monsters is utilizing the KUKA arm, I would bet on that and the main Harry Potter ride to be the big draws along with the Nintendo World itself (if many don't care for the main ride, like Gringotts, the land is still amazing and interactive). I'm actually really excited for the Monster's ride as I think the only other ride to use this system is in Dubai and unavailable for POV's. There are so many rumors though we may have a few sleeper-hits.

I agree, I think the lands look pretty strong including the hub which contains rides and the ride count is already rumored to be up there with other parks. They have so much expansion room that if the lands don't appeal to one today, they may have a land that will in the future.

I agree with many of your points. The KUKA arm is the same ride system used on the Harry Potter ride in Hogsmeade.

Tom Morrow

will you may call it mediocre Universe instead of Epic?

Time will tell. In all seriousness, I'm sure it'll be fun, and definitely more fun than say, a visit to current day Epcot. It's just that there's nothing at all about it that we know so far that has me excited.

Animaniac93-98

I think the park will have a strong overall opening day menu and that means more to me that what the general public will pick as their #1 and #2 (Monsters will be my #1 regardless)

I think it will be on par, if not better, than IoA in 1999 and have a better ride line up than most opening day Disney parks since Tokyo in '83. Euro Disney and DisneySea would be the only exceptions.

fryoj

Maybe Monsters?

Ride experience notwithstanding, I fully expect Mario Kart to be the focal point ride of the park advertising.

matt9112

Ride experience notwithstanding, I fully expect Mario Kart to be the focal point ride of the park advertising.

The entire park? Advertising around one ride? Not likely. Will it be features of course and early on it might be BUT only because there video etc of it already since it exsistes.

Theres going to be a ton of stuff features in any adverts etc. Harry potter is a cash cow for example. The advertising is likely to be centered around "first new xyz theme park since xyz"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom