Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

BrianLo

I mean I understand how someone would think that if this was a Disney park, but Universal hasn't shown a track record of cutting projects.

I think the steady stream of new projects simply covers better for the cuts. Plenty of projects have been cut or budget engineered over the past decade.

Most notoriously would be Beijing. Disney actually went somewhat out of their way to not make drastic cuts at Shanghai late in the game, (but then the budget went up by 800mil to do so). We're all hoping EU stays the course better for the most part.

OG Runner

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fourth Watch needs to sue the guy who didn't sell to them, not the corporation it was sold to.

But, since that guy was going bankrupt... they're chasing deep pockets.

itsy bitsy spider

After the next 3rd Fantastic Beast tanks can we finally put an end to it. I don't want any mention of it in the parks, movies or even coffee shops. Universal should change the land to Harry Potter or something else that is more relevant.

Nordic4tKnight

After the next 3rd Fantastic Beast tanks can we finally put an end to it. I don't want any mention of it in the parks, movies or even coffee shops. Universal should change the land to Harry Potter or something else that is more relevant.
I thought they were already moving away from Fantastic Beasts for the land. Last I heard it was going to be themed to the UK Ministry of Magic.

JT3000

"And by cutting out Fourth Watch from the land purchase with UCPM, “Universal could also eliminate a competitive threat in the theme park industry,” the lawsuit said."

These guys, whom I've never even heard of, obviously think real highly of themselves. They're going to be laughed out of the court though. Universal bears no responsibility for someone else's broken promises. Good thing they were broken too, as if this company had actually bought the land, I'm certain nothing would have come from it. Just a bunch of daydreaming.

tommyhawkins

It may seem like semantics but there is a difference between racing and dueling coasters. This appears to be a racing design more than dueling. At least there are a few dueling elements.
Ok I'll bite. How can they be "racing" when the trains spend significant time apart in different places, to the point they face each other head on, I don't watch motor racing but I've never seen that on F1?
"And by cutting out Fourth Watch from the land purchase with UCPM, “Universal could also eliminate a competitive threat in the theme park industry,” the lawsuit said."

These guys, whom I've never even heard of, obviously think real highly of themselves. They're going to be laughed out of the court though. Universal bears no responsibility for someone else's broken promises. Good thing they were broken too, as if this company had actually bought the land, I'm certain nothing would have come from it. Just a bunch of daydreaming.
The land they're appear to be talking about isn't being built on anytime soon, so it will make little difference even if they do have a case with UCDP.
Not been following the project for about 2.5 years I guess?

JT3000

Ok I'll bite. How can they be "racing" when the trains spend significant time apart in different places, to the point they face each other head on, I don't watch motor racing but I've never seen that on F1?

The land they're appear to be talking about isn't being built on anytime soon, so it will make little difference even if they do have a case with UCDP.

Not been following the project for about 2.5 years I guess?
Basically any two-tracked coaster that launches simultaneously but doesn't really duel is considered a "racing" coaster. They don't have to go through the same motions, so long as they begin & end at roughly the same time and in the same places.

Which piece of land is this specifically?

Vegas Disney Fan

What a poorly written article, it says the company lost the land to foreclosure during the recession (assuming 2009 or so) and then says it sold it to Universal (and was apparently under contract with the other company) nearly a decade later.

There’s an ownership question in the middle. Did they avoid foreclosure? Did Universal buy the land out of foreclosure but UCPM argued they still held the theme park rights?

Very confusing. I’m not sure how Uni has any fault in this beyond having the deeper pockets to sue though.

trr1

"In 2016 Thomas’ company sued Universal, arguing it still owned the rights to enforce the restrictions so a new theme park couldn’t be built there" didnt Universal put that restriction in when they sold it to Thomas? and since they bought it back couldnt they just drop that restriction?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"In 2016 Thomas’ company sued Universal, arguing it still owned the rights to enforce the restrictions so a new theme park couldn’t be built there" didnt Universal put that restriction in when they sold it to Thomas? and since they bought it back couldnt they just drop that restriction?
Yeah, the lawsuit had no merit, but, seems it was settled out of court.

tommyhawkins

Basically any two-tracked coaster that launches simultaneously but doesn't really duel is considered a "racing" coaster. They don't have to go through the same motions, so long as they begin & end at roughly the same time and in the same places.

Which piece of land is this specifically?
They don't follow the same path....half the ride is completely different path, this is like saying Duelling Dragons was a racing coaster.

The stretch of land appears to North of topgolf along universal boulevard. This is definitely not a phase 1 stretch of land

celluloid

There are a lot of elements when they meet they are going in the same direction and their maneuvers are not dueling maneuvers. There seem to be only two in that video that seems to have them as that. Then again, this is just a model mocked up in Planet Coaster so the final product may be more dueling. Typically in a coaster design of dueling they would be going at each other in the opposite direction on most maneuvers. Such as the original Gwazi or Dueling Dragons. It is not a big deal. The focus is definitely more on the racing as a dual coaster more than a duel coaster. If you look on the actual video description it also refers to it as a racing coaster.

celluloid

They don't follow the same path....half the ride is completely different path, this is like saying Duelling Dragons was a racing coaster.

The stretch of land appears to North of topgolf along universal boulevard. This is definitely not a phase 1 stretch of land
Dueling*
No, this is more like West Coaster Racers with the definite same direction most of the time and the others kind of dueling elements, but in the same directions.

tommyhawkins

There are a lot of elements when they meet they are going in the same direction and their maneuvers are not dueling maneuvers. There seem to be only two in that video that seems to have them as that. Then again, this is just a model mocked up in Planet Coaster so the final product may be more dueling. Typically in a coaster design of dueling they would be going at each other in the opposite direction on most maneuvers. Such as the original Gwazi or Dueling Dragons. It is not a big deal. The focus is definitely more on the racing as a dual coaster more than a duel coaster. If you look on the actual video description it also refers to it as a racing coaster.
Did you look at the builder name on the video too? 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom