Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JT3000

He uses a helicopter. I’m pretty sure the site is in what DJI calls an altitude zone because of its proximity to the Orlando airport which limits the height you could fly. Just zoom into the site on the map and you’ll see.

It's curious that these "altitude zones" span east-west when the actual airport runways are all north-south.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It's curious that these "altitude zones" span east-west when the actual airport runways are all north-south.
More details on what they are and how they are defined here:

It does seem strange that the MCO one runs perpendicular to the runways in addition to parallel. All the other local airports seem to only be parallel along the runway path. My only guess is maybe a helicopter corridor coming in from the sides to MCO since you would not want them coming in along the runway path due to the amount of traffic; but that’s pure speculation.

Last edited:

tommyhawkins

Wait Hold up Bio uses drones I honestly thought he just owned a plane or something
Just helicopters, and the tours are often unplanned so he doesn't always know what he's going to get depending on the flight path it takes. . The only people I know who use drones are AmusementInsider and Midway Mayhem. And very rare at that

trr1

Tommy Hawkins
@tommyhawkins
·
18h

Most excited about this, so will go mad when the work really starts, here's a rendering of what it may look like once built #EpicUniverse
1648066836293.png
1648066858052.png

rawisericho

Monsters is Robocoaster G2 - like FJ

Yoshi and Mario kart and Donkey Kong were developed and partially manufactured at the same time, regardless of location.

Hub and Dragon coaster whilst bespoke designs are not new coaster systems they're built on existing LSM ride types.

Potter ride(s) are new systems

But at the end of the day this is all moot because they are all going to be ready by or before June 2025. They have already begun work on five rides on site. And since certain items are sitting in a warehouse/on site (SNW) lands are going to shoot up really quick. It's an exciting time.
Do we happen to have a compendium of each of the rumored attractions in each land?

GuyFawkes

I really hope they take overall theming to another level with this park since they have hindsight now.
After seeing what they did with Potter I would say the theming should be pretty good. Universal has been going for top teir for a while now, don't see why this new place built from the ground up would be badly themed?

Rich Brownn

This is partly their crown jewel park, part revenge park (for not being able to acquire Disney), and part push-the-envelope park. So yeah, Universal is going to go all-out.

matt9112

After seeing what they did with Potter I would say the theming should be pretty good. Universal has been going for top teir for a while now, don't see why this new place built from the ground up would be badly themed?

I don't inherently have a doubt just hopeful is all. The potter stuff is unique since they HAVE TO go all out to please jk.

The spine/entry is honestly what I'm most excited about atm. Epcot and islands of adventure both give me chills how the entry is done so well...the music..the theme etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom