Universal AP First Time Parking

Super80Fan

Original Poster
I just bought a Preferred AP and will be heading there this weekend to get it/activate it. I was wondering if I could show my confirmation email at the parking booth and park for free? Or if this wouldn't work, another way around to pick up the pass without paying for parking? Would rather not wait for 6 PM and definitely don't want to pay for parking.

Rob562

Since they make a big deal on the website about how it gives you free parking but they include the little asterisk that it's *after first activation, I doubt they'd wave you through with a voucher. Your options are pretty much wait for free parking, pay for parking earlier in the day, or look into places you can leave your car off-site while you walk to the park, activate your AP and then walk back...

-Rob

Figgy1

Premium Member
The guard waived us through with just the voucher and I've heard of getting the $20 credited at GS if AP is activated on the same day. Your mileage may vary.

Disneyhead'71

One time I parked at the TGIF across the street from UOR and walked to GS and activated my pass, then moved my car to the garage. Kinda a PITA to save $20.

And then I had to buy 2 beers. The weight of that extra $20 in my pocket was slowin' me down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom