United Kingdom pavilion refurbishment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

United-Kingdom_Full_52233.jpg

MaxW

I know this most likely a pipe dream, but are they prepping to dust off the mary poppins spinner idea? I'm trying to think why they'd be actively refurbing this pavillion in particular. Or is there a plan to do general refurbs across the world showcase?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I know this most likely a pipe dream, but are they prepping to dust off the mary poppins spinner idea? I'm trying to think why they'd be actively refurbing this pavillion in particular. Or is there a plan to do general refurbs across the world showcase?
Refurbishment money for the pavillion was likely allocated at the same time as money for the attraction so they're keeping the pavillion refurbishment moving forward while any attraction is in limbo.

gerarar

Premium Member
The planters have moved down towards near the edge of the pavilion, next to the main entrance of The Crown & Crest.

I observed active painting while passing by the past few days, and also some type of pavement/brick work going on (heard some loud jack hammers going ham).

Also looks like they're pressure washing the sidewalk? Notice the coloration contrast.
20231002_095453.jpg

20231002_095501.jpg

Last edited:

Ice Gator

Like what other comments have stated, I’m sure this was around the time they expected Poppins to open, therefore they had a refurbishment to the rest of the area planned prior. They probably went through with that but still have no real intentions on continuing with the MP project-at least at the moment, unfortunately. :(

Last edited:

Bocabear

It's time for the pavilions that never had attractions to finally get one... It is ridiculous that these pavilions were never finished according to their original plans... UL should have had a Thames River Cruise, Germany was to have had a boat ride as well.

James Alucobond

It's time for the pavilions that never had attractions to finally get one... It is ridiculous that these pavilions were never finished according to their original plans... UL should have had a Thames River Cruise, Germany was to have had a boat ride as well.
They don't even all need exceptional ones, IMO.

If I were them, I'd consider something substantial for Italy and Canada to draw folks deeper into those pavilions, but Morocco and China could have enhanced meet and greets (rub the genie's lamp to meet him, or commune with Mulan's ancestors to awaken Mushu's statue); the UK and Germany could get flat rides (spinner and carousel); and Japan could use its planned theater for some high-capacity show. Obviously, don't let any of the minor additions encroach on real estate for potential future attractions, but at least that would give every pavilion something in keeping with the new storytelling concept.

You'd basically end up with a big attraction in each of the four corners (Canada, France, Italy, Norway), three lesser attractions about equidistant from one another (UK, Germany, Mexico), three detailed meet and greets (Morocco, China, Norway), and five shows (Canada, France, Japan, America, China). Not too bad.

Bocabear

I agree completely! they don't all need to be huge attractions, but they need be something...especially with them not adding additional pavilions, just adding a real attraction in each of the pavilions that offer no more than a restaurant and shop would be grand... And Toad Hall in the UK would be lovely! Even if I am partial to Mary.
Maybe Toad Hall between Canada and UK, and Mary on the other side.... but that would be a lot of attractions and people right where there is usually a huge crowd... Japan and Germany need attractions to drive people deeper into the WS

Epcot82Guy

While there's no way modern Disney would - an Alps roller coaster (i.e. modern Matterhorn) could easily have an Italy entrance and Germany entrance.

I still think the Rhine River Cruise is the right answer for Germany. But, there would be ways to add something larger there if they wanted.

Bocabear

While there's no way modern Disney would - an Alps roller coaster (i.e. modern Matterhorn) could easily have an Italy entrance and Germany entrance.

I still think the Rhine River Cruise is the right answer for Germany. But, there would be ways to add something larger there if they wanted.
or.....What about a "train Ride through the Romantic German Countryside" Using a powered coaster system like Casey Jr, but a longer more beautiful ride showcasing the most beautiful sites...Get LGB(that makes the toy trains) to sponsor it, have an outdoor section so it can be seen from the Esplanade... It would be a fantastic addition.

Sir_Cliff

or.....What about a "train Ride through the Romantic German Countryside" Using a powered coaster system like Casey Jr, but a longer more beautiful ride showcasing the most beautiful sites...Get LGB(that makes the toy trains) to sponsor it, have an outdoor section so it can be seen from the Esplanade... It would be a fantastic addition.
A Peter Pan-esque spin on the Wuppertal Schwebebahn with guests gliding over Germany could be cool!

1705593552684.png

JohnD

I agree completely! they don't all need to be huge attractions, but they need be something...especially with them not adding additional pavilions, just adding a real attraction in each of the pavilions that offer no more than a restaurant and shop would be grand... And Toad Hall in the UK would be lovely! Even if I am partial to Mary.
Maybe Toad Hall between Canada and UK, and Mary on the other side.... but that would be a lot of attractions and people right where there is usually a huge crowd... Japan and Germany need attractions to drive people deeper into the WS
Well, they were going to add another tea cup ride based on Mary Poppins. I'm glad that idea bit the dust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom