"Uncle Walt" - a new movie (open brainstorming)

disneyforever101396

My honest opinion, and I don't mean to upset all you Pirate fans out there, but I hate Johnny Depp. He ruined Willy Wonka and killed The Mad Hatter. I think Tom Hanks should portray Disney in this one. He was brilliant in Saving Mr. Banks! There can't be no one else who can portray Walt like him.

Brer Oswald

My honest opinion, and I don't mean to upset all you Pirate fans out there, but I hate Johnny Depp. He ruined Willy Wonka and killed The Mad Hatter. I think Tom Hanks should portray Disney in this one. He was brilliant in Saving Mr. Banks! There can't be no one else who can portray Walt like him.
I don't hate Johnny Depp, but I agree. Those roles were not great for him. As much as I loved Hanks, who perfectly acted the part, but he still just felt like Tom Hanks. I was able to suspend my disbelief and convince myself he was Disney, but I think there could be a objectively better casting. If they did cast Hanks again for a real Walt Disney movie, I still wouldn't be complaining....because we'd be getting a full feature film on the man himself!

Suchomimus

My honest opinion, and I don't mean to upset all you Pirate fans out there, but I hate Johnny Depp. He ruined Willy Wonka and killed The Mad Hatter.
He was also partly responsible for butchering Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts; especially with the hair. It looks like Trump’s hair was bleached and then cut by hedge clippers.

mharrington

Original Poster

Well, I never intended for Depp to play Disney anyway. And you're right, Tom Hanks was great as Walt, but I fear he may not fit the time period of the late 1940s to the early 1950s.

mharrington

Original Poster
For reference, the plot begins in the mid-1940s as Walt is struggling to get his studio back on solid footing after the war. Roy had compared this period to "a bear coming out of hibernation, all skinny and gaunt with no fat on our bones". He is besieged by many things: economics of animation, bankers with their constraints, a postwar mood that he can't quite seem to tap the same way he had during the Depression, and most of all, Communism, which he believed had a stake in the infamous 1941 animator strike. In the process, Walt is struggling to diversify his studio, which led to live-action movies in addition to his animated films. But he is tired of them, and he needs a hobby to get his mind off things. It leads to the development of his railroad hobby. He also has been going to parks with his daughters and is collecting models.

More later. For now, what do you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom