UK traveller after cheap car rental

barnum42

Original Poster
Hello all

Looking at car rental prices they are just too steep - once insurance, tax and assorted gaff charges are taken into account.

Does anyone know of an alternative to the big rental companies?
The best all-in rate I have found is by booking in UK, and converts to about $28 or so Dollars a day.

I'm travelling solo; so do not need a big car. If scooters could be rented I would look at it.

The alternative is to rely on Disney Transport. How quick is it to get from one park to another. In the past I have had a car and know how quick it was, but do not know the frequency of the Buses..

Thanks in advance.

Joe

barnum42

Original Poster
Originally posted by DISMUM
try this site
/www.uscarhire.co.uk/villa=393

Dismum,

Thanks for the URL. I had to take the /villa=393 off the end to get it to work. Their quote was £280, so I think I'll see what the bus schedules are like.

Cheers

Joe

barnum42

Original Poster
Wee Haggis

Thanks for the links, there is a lot of interesting info for me to digest there.

FYI: The prices I mentioned include all the airport and Florida gaff taxes plus the LDW (my car insurance only covers third party in UK). These are all the charges they normally hit you with when you pick up the car.

Joe

wee-haggis

Originally posted by barnum42
Wee Haggis

Thanks for the links, there is a lot of interesting info for me to digest there.

FYI: The prices I mentioned include all the airport and Florida gaff taxes plus the LDW (my car insurance only covers third party in UK). These are all the charges they normally hit you with when you pick up the car.

Joe
Joe,
I'd be interested in knowing if you (in the UK) could arrange for out of country insurance from your own insurance company (thats what I do here in Canada and its only a few dollars extra).
Like all UK visitors,we Canadians and US travellers also get asked the same pressure sales questions at the car rental pick up desks for extra insurance .It seems to me that the UK residents are (through no fault of their own)having to cough up the extra bucks.
Surely the UK Insurance companies can arrange for a policy increase for the duration of your holiday?

barnum42

Original Poster
Originally posted by wee-haggis
Joe,
I'd be interested in knowing if you (in the UK) could arrange for out of country insurance from your own insurance company (thats what I do here in Canada and its only a few dollars extra).
Like all UK visitors,we Canadians and US travellers also get asked the same pressure sales questions at the car rental pick up desks for extra insurance .It seems to me that the UK residents are (through no fault of their own)having to cough up the extra bucks.
Surely the UK Insurance companies can arrange for a policy increase for the duration of your holiday?

Good idea I'll give them a call tomorrow - they do not work Sundays.

barnum42

Original Poster
Originally posted by galaxy
Have you found out anymore about getting insured in the Uk Barnum??

Galaxy

:)

I chased them up and UK insurance companies will not provide cover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom