UK Pavilion

kevinwyld

Original Poster
There seems to have been a bit of moving around in the UK Pavilion since my last visit a couple of weeks ago, notably in the shops on the north side (toys, Wimbledon, etc.)
Does anyone know whether this is permanent or if they might be adding anything.
As a Brit, I have to admit that this area is a bit of a disappointment - just shops and a pub (good beer and fish and chips, though :) )

cm1988

Originally posted by kevinwyld
There seems to have been a bit of moving around in the UK Pavilion since my last visit a couple of weeks ago, notably in the shops on the north side (toys, Wimbledon, etc.)
Does anyone know whether this is permanent or if they might be adding anything.
As a Brit, I have to admit that this area is a bit of a disappointment - just shops and a pub (good beer and fish and chips, though :) )
It looks like Pringle of Scotland is no longer participating. In place of the woolens is a "KidCot" play area and some toys. Then in place of the Toy Soldier area is some Wimbledon sports apparel.

Across the way, an area which once had porcelain now features contemporary handbags.

Looks to me (as well) that they are experimenting and we'll see further changes.

Come to think of it, I can't recall many WDW shops staying the same for more than a few years.

As for the pavilion overall, the entertainers (a fab four-type band and a comedy troupe) are popular but it I wish Disney would do a film on the U.K. And to accomodate a wider spectrum of guest demographics, put in a 300-foot gigacoaster for the younger set to ride. :)

yankeeboy1638

I think they should just bring back Mr. Toad and put him right in the UK pavillion, after all he is an English character. They could just use that wasted space in the old millenium village right behind the UK. That would get Epcot's attendance up in no time.

Too bad it will never happen though, as Mr. Toad's ride pieces have probably been disposed of long ago...:cry:

cm1988

my UK Ideas (nahtamagineer)

Originally posted by yankeeboy1638
I think they should just bring back Mr. Toad and put him right in the UK pavillion, after all he is an English character...
That would work well, since most of the existing UK buildings seem to be from around that same time period.

...They could just use that wasted space in the old millenium village right behind the UK..
My personal favorite idea would replace that village with a "Funfair" type attraction for young children and their parents... and anyone who would enjoy listening to a merry-go-round and watching a puppet show. Beyond that, it would be nothing more than nicely dressed-up flat rides, a themed playground, and lots of shade and landscaping.

I don't see that happening, though, since the millenium village is actually used quite a bit for convention space. This weekend, for example, they have Disneyanna events in there.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I agree, the UK pavillion is one area in EPCOT which seriously needs a refurb - as long as they leave the Rose & Crown alone - you just can't beat Fish & Chips and a great pint of bitter.

kevinwyld

Original Poster
They sell Bass beers, although I seem to remember that they will also sell you a Newcastle Brown too (or is that wishful thinking :) )
When will you be here? I could probably point you in the right direction if you need a decent drink.

cm1988

Originally posted by SteveUK
I'm a bit concerned about spending two weeks without a decent pint. What beer do they have in the pub?

Not to worry. There are great pubs all around Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee and Orlando.

Beer is available at every World Showcase pavilion. Among them...

UK:
Tennant's
Harp
Guinness
Bass
(sometimes) Caffrey's

Germany:
Beck's

Norway:
Ringnes

guwag

Does anyone know if they still have the 'Pearly Queen' in the Rose and Crown, when I went two years ago they had a very talented lady but I didn't have time to go in there this time :(

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Thanks Captain Hook!

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I agree, the UK pavillion is one area in EPCOT which seriously needs a refurb - as long as they leave the Rose & Crown alone - you just can't beat Fish & Chips and a great pint of bitter.

While I have been to Epcot many times over the years, I have never had the fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's. I have always wanted to eat there but somehow I have gotten "side-tracked" and ended up eating elsewhere. After seeing this thread I am going to put fish and chips on the top of my list during my next trip to WDW! Do you put vinegar on the chips?:slurp:

Becky

Originally posted by guwag
Does anyone know if they still have the 'Pearly Queen' in the Rose and Crown, when I went two years ago they had a very talented lady but I didn't have time to go in there this time :(

The wonderful lady you are referring to is Pam Brody.

:) :D :cool:

Her husband used to entertain in the Brown Derby. He has a movie poster shop on your left as you enter MGM. Sid C (spelling).:eek:

Don't miss Pam on your next visit. She is super :) :) :cool: :sohappy:

Big Pooh

I was disappointed when I went to the UK pavilion. Besides the Rose and Crown, there's really nothing there. It needs something else. Mr. Toad's would be cool. An Alice in Wonderland Hedge Maze like the one at DL Paris would be cool, but it definately needs something.

Cheers:wave:

disney_nutter

i would be cool for a rehab to be done on the uk, the only reason we go to is to get golden wonder crisps and i love my xxx mints. but as for drinking im not legal to drink in the usa so my pint of harp will just have to wait till i get home. no but they should put something there to pull people in, like a tour round old london, i did a bus trip ab 3 years when i was in london and it went to such spots the set of the white chapel murders. something like that would be kool

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Personally I think they should put water sprinklers in and some wind turbines to simulate it raining every 30 minutes - then it would feel like being in the UK!

also perhaps a grumpy Taxi/Cab driver who can overcharge you for the short ride to Canada

Al

I think a ride would be good. I think they need a major UK company to sponsor it..........then we would see some improvements :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by BradleyJ

They no longer sell Caffrey's.

It has been replaced with Bodingtons.

Wonderful , its nice to know that Disney is now supplying alcohol free Mancunian dishwater to unsuspecting former colonials. And to think they threw tea in the river.

SteveUK

I don't think you can really count Boddingtons as a beer. I will start drinking Boddingtons when they run out of water!
Shame about Caffreys, although I'm not really friends with Caffreys since they dropped the alcohol content.
I will be there in october, I suppose in the UK, that would be real ale season.
Any chance of a decent pint (not lager!) in the hotel (All-Stars)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom