UK/EU Ultimate Tickets

NickPytlinski

i see you have purchased now however we have purchased in the past through disney holidays and just got tickets. they link to MDE after purchase from the website as long as you are logged in. they just send confirmation on email and post.

third party send you the tickets on cardboard which you can then link to your MDE or use the ticket at the turnstile.

cheers

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
i see you have purchased now however we have purchased in the past through disney holidays and just got tickets. they link to MDE after purchase from the website as long as you are logged in. they just send confirmation on email and post.

third party send you the tickets on cardboard which you can then link to your MDE or use the ticket at the turnstile.

cheers
Cheers! Yeah, I probably could've done that and saved a few quid but it was more reassuring to go third-party this time around. Next time when I have more lead time, I'll try direct.

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
Got my tickets via FedEx in just a few days, and ready to rock-n-roll! They're plastic cards; like a credit card. The rear has the MDE linkable codes; two exposed and one rub-off. Just tested the first card and it worked perfectly - now to add the rest.

w00t! 🤘

One word of caution: use a credit card that does not incur international fees (since they're being purchased in the UK).

NickPytlinski

Got my tickets via FedEx in just a few days, and ready to rock-n-roll! They're plastic cards; like a credit card. The rear has the MDE linkable codes; two exposed and one rub-off. Just tested the first card and it worked perfectly - now to add the rest.

w00t! 🤘

One word of caution: use a credit card that does not incur international fees (since they're being purchased in the UK).

"nice work pal"

m3000

I'm going to piggyback on this discussion. I'm a UK citizen but in the States at the moment, with family still in England. Can my brother buy the ultimate ticket using his UK address/CC, and then gift them to me to use and link with my MDE to get the Fastpass+ in advance? I wasn't sure if the tickets are tied to the name of the person who buys them or if there'd be issues with me linking these to my MDE account. Any issues if my US citizen partner used one of the tickets?

Not sure which would be faster/easier or add any complications:
1) Direct from Disney site (not sure if it would then tie the tickets to my brother's account and wouldn't be transferable?)
2) From a physical Disney Store in the UK (do they give you the plastic card at that point with a number I could use to link to my own MDE?).
3) From UK 3rd party seller and they ship the tickets to my brother in England, who can then hand them to me when he visits at Christmas.

Also a tangentially related question, for the 30+ day Fastpass reservations, since this ticket can be used on any date, how does the system know when you're 30 days out?

nickys

Premium Member
I'm going to piggyback on this discussion. I'm a UK citizen but in the States at the moment, with family still in England. Can my brother buy the ultimate ticket using his UK address/CC, and then gift them to me to use and link with my MDE to get the Fastpass+ in advance? I wasn't sure if the tickets are tied to the name of the person who buys them or if there'd be issues with me linking these to my MDE account. Any issues if my US citizen partner used one of the tickets?

Not sure which would be faster/easier or add any complications:
1) Direct from Disney site (not sure if it would then tie the tickets to my brother's account and wouldn't be transferable?)
2) From a physical Disney Store in the UK (do they give you the plastic card at that point with a number I could use to link to my own MDE?).
3) From UK 3rd party seller and they ship the tickets to my brother in England, who can then hand them to me when he visits at Christmas.

Also a tangentially related question, for the 30+ day Fastpass reservations, since this ticket can be used on any date, how does the system know when you're 30 days out?

Pretty sure your brother could buy them and link them to your account. Tickets can be transferred before they are used.

As to how:
1) Easy! Only potential issue is there are two codes, one of which works to link the tickets, the other doesn’t.
2) I don’t think the Disney Stores in the U.K. sells them.
3) Would be OK, Make sure the seller gives the ticket numbers out before the 30 days mark, not all do.

I would go with (1).

These days the tickets are date specific, you choose the start date and you have 14 or 21 days to use them from that date.

In any case, if you have non-dated tickets, the system simply let you book within 30 days from “now”, ie: when you went to start booking.

thecouch

Im from Australia and have used them before. I can't buy from UK disney site as you need a UK address. But there are some very popular resellers and they post international for 12 pounds. I got a hard copy ticket and the code works when entering on my disney site

Cmdr_Crimson

Still would be nice to also have the option of 14 or 21 day passes for US guests it would still cost less compared to an AP if your going for a 2 week trip...

Jon81uk

Still would be nice to also have the option of 14 or 21 day passes for US guests it would still cost less compared to an AP if your going for a 2 week trip...

Even though I come from the UK and get a 14 day ticket, I don't use more than 10 days at Disney as we also visit Universal, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove, Florida Mall, Premium Outlets etc. Therefore the US 10 days out of 14 ticket would be enough. I don't think many people actually spend 14 days in Disney parks, but Disney offer the ticket as it makes people think twice about spending the extra for SeaWorld as that's an extra £100ish whereas you already have the Disney ticket for those days.
The difference is the price. I think a US bought 10 day with hopper would be about $600 or about £465, the UK 14 day ticket is £399.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom