Typhoon lagoon with 6 and 8 year old

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Hi everyone. This will be our first time at a Disney waterpark. We will be going during thanksgiving week, specifically Nov 18th. I'm not sure what to expect. I've been debating if we should rent a cabana or umbrella area. We plan to be there from morning to close ( I know super tiring day). My kids have done the regular parks from open to close before and have been fine. However, when we went to valcano bay last year they only lasted half the day. Plus, we will be arriving in the evening the day before so we probably won't be doing rope drop for the water park. Is there anyone who went around this time that can give me any pointers or let me know how their experience was? Thanks in advance.

thomas998

We've been in early December and late October, and in neither of those days did we feel we needed a cabana or umbrella area. It was warm in October but not stifling hot when you were able to get in the water when you wanted. I would however warn you that the waves can be very strong for a little kid and that the concrete bottom is not particulary smooth. My youngest still has a scar on her arm from where the wave knocked her down and push her far enough on the concrete that it put a good sized gash in her arm.

Know that the Typhoon closes pretty early I can't remember if it is 5 or 6 in the afternoon so even if you stay the whole day it isn't really a full day so know you've got the entire evening for anything else you might want to do. Also there are height restrictions on some of the slides so know how tall your kids are and what the restrictions are before so you can make sure they know what they can and can't ride. I think most of the restrictions are 4 feet tall and maybe one of them was 5 feet tall... don't know how tall your kids are but if they are under 4 feet tall that will eliminate about half the attractions there.

If you have your own car then I would suggest you stop and get something to eat before you get there. The food there is vastly over priced for what it is and odds are your kids at that age wont wouldn't last a whole day from rope drop to the end anyways.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom