Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Island

poteat_3177

Original Poster
How long do you need to visit these parks? I am getting a 5 day hopper pass and have to spend a half day at two different parks. And its probably going to be these parks. It looks like their aren't a lot of attractions/rides at either of these. so would I miss out on a lot if I only spent 1/2 day at each? thanks

oops: blizzard beach (sorry)

Nansafan

How long do you need to visit these parks? I am getting a 5 day hopper pass and have to spend a half day at two different parks. And its probably going to be these parks. It looks like their aren't a lot of attractions/rides at either of these. so would I miss out on a lot if I only spent 1/2 day at each? thanks

You don't say when you're going to be there. During the winter, one of the water parks is closed for a period of time for general maintenance, painting etc. When it is finished, it reopens and the other park closes for a period of time, usually a couple months a piece. If you are traveling during the summer, you might need more than a 1/2 a day at a water park since the water parks do not have fast pass. Lines can be very long for the slides. We have also experienced during a summer visit a water park being closed due to capacity which then altered our plans for the day. The water parks are not open as late as the other parks either. Summer hours tend to be 8:00 or 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Since we have been lucky enough to visit WDW at least once a year for the last 10 years, we do the water parks from 9:00 AM to around 2:00 PM then head back to the resort to shower and spend our evening at another park, i.e. MK, Epcot or MGM. I would suggest picking one water park to visit and then hit one of the other parks for the evening. Trying to do 2 water parks in one day, you'll spend a lot of time in transit.

flynnibus

Premium Member

There is plenty to do (its Blizzard Beach BTW :) )

Most people if they go at opening tire out by 3pm or so. Its more of an endurance thing then it is 'nothing to do'. A pack of pool brats will want to be there from open to close. Grandma will probably be done by 2 :)

With only a 5 day park hopper, I would consider only visiting one water park, you'll have plenty to do at the other parks. 5 days seems like a lot till you actually are in the parks.

DABIGCHEEZ

You say you have a 5 day Park Hopper..... you do know this ticket does not include the waterparks, only the theme parks, right? You have to have the PLUS options or whatever they are called these days to get into the waterparks or else pay admission at the gate. Each plus is one day visit to one park.. in other words if you goto both water parks on the same day it is 2 PLUS options used.
Anyway, we generally spend almost the full day at each waterpark(but we are a family of 5 with a toddler) Check dates to make sure a waterpark isnt closed when you visit as they close for yearly rehabs over the winter months. Also the waterparks generally close earlier(5 or 6 pm) but again check the schedules.

Philo

Well, that depends on when you are going and how much you like water parks. Last January I went to BB (TL was closed) and we were out again just after lunch but thats because my GF doesn't get on with waterparks. If it were me on my own then I would probably plan on spending from about 10 - 4 at each park and then head off to another park in the evening.

Ofcourse, if your ticket doesn't inlcude waterparks this might not be a problem!

Generally speaking you will not be missing out on a lot if you dont go to them. The other parks are great and there will be plenty to do. If its your first trip I would concentrate on doing the "main attractions" and spend perhaps a day at one of the parks if you really want. Dont get me wrong - the water parks are excellent but thats not why we go to Disney World

the-reason14

Well yes, like many have said it depends on the time of year you are going, the type of ticket etc. If you go during colder times, it shouldnt really be that crowded, if its summer then expect long lines.

What I do, is go to a waterpark a day, Ive only done both one time during spring break. Get there as soon as it opens, if its BB(Blizzard Beach) Ill usually do Summit Plummit about 3 or 4 times FIRST simply because that line fills up pretty fast, if you choose to walk to summit plummet, you will definately get tired and if you plan on doing it again, if you are anything like me, you will be done by the 3rd go around. Then after that Ill head for Downhill double dipper because thats another one that seems to fill up fast, everything after that is pick and choose, and for BB, Im usually done after an hour, then Ill head back to pop half century, clean up and go to a theme park or take a nap. TL is different though, so it takes a good 3 hours for me to do everything, like BB get there early and do Crush N Gusher first, its really one of those slides that you DONT want to wait in line for, because it looks like its long, but each one is pretty short. So if you get there at opening you'll have the chance to do each slide several times without waiting in any kind of line, and its much better because each slide is different and if you can go over and over again, its better than waiting and going on one, but they all are pretty short.

Thats all I got for you, hope u have fun and good luck.

Lucky

It's easy to overplan the water parks. You never know when it might rain, or when they might even close due to lightning. You always have to have a backup plan ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom