Two free days promotion question

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
So I'm running numbers on our September trip and I'm still coming out cheaper using undercover tourist. Has anyone taken advantage of the program?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You mean the promo Disney had up til the other day?
Yeah I'm currently booked with it at Poly.
Its the worst "deal" I've ever gotten lol.
The biggest discount you'll see with it is if you do what I did and buy the minimum 3 days getting 2 free.
Disney sent me a survey a few weeks ago and I let them know it was terrible compared to previous vacations. I still took it because I'm going regardless after not going last year.
Unfortunately as I suspected Poly is not included in the new room rate discount so I'm stuck with the "2 free days".

Last edited:

mommylove

It depends how long you are staying. The longer your ticket package, the less the discount. I booked for July using this promotion for 5 day tickets at Pop, then compared to the new promotion, along with some other savings avenues (AAA, Undercover Tourist, tickets thru husband's work) and the 2 free tickets comes out best. I priced out a 6day package, and the 2 day free promotion then was not the best option.

Weather_Lady

It depends how long you are staying. The longer your ticket package, the less the discount. I booked for July using this promotion for 5 day tickets at Pop, then compared to the new promotion, along with some other savings avenues (AAA, Undercover Tourist, tickets thru husband's work) and the 2 free tickets comes out best. I priced out a 6day package, and the 2 day free promotion then was not the best option.
I think what the OP is talking about was a similar "2 days free" offer that was made specifically to DVC owners who bought 4-day park tickets, AND booked a 4-night DVC stay. The terms of their offer are a little different, so the math may not come out the same way as it would for the "2 days free" offer that was made to the general public.

(FWIW, we're booked under the general public "2 days free" offer, and for a 4-night stay in a standard room at the Polynesian the savings came out to a little over $500, compared to what we'd have paid a la carte, if we booked the room at rack rate and bought tickets from UT. Obviously the calculation will be different for everybody, though, based on their dates, resort, ticket type, and whatever other savings avenues that are open to them. As you demonstrated, running the numbers yourself is always the best policy, and the only way to know if you're getting a deal or not.)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean the promo Disney had up til the other day?
Yeah I'm currently booked with it at Poly.
Its the worst "deal" I've ever gotten lol.
The biggest discount you'll see with it is if you do what I did and buy the minimum 3 days getting 2 free.
Disney sent me a survey a few weeks ago and I let them know it was terrible compared to previous vacations but I still took it because I'm going regardless after not going last year.
Unfortunately as I suspected Poly is not included in the new room rate discount so I'm stuck with the "2 free days".

probably should not bother with the survey next time 👍🏻

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
probably should not bother with the survey next time 👍🏻

If what you're implying is I shouldn't take the survey because I told them I was going regardless... I didn't tell them that...
I told them it was a terrible discount compared to previous vacations. I was telling you guys I still took it since I was going regardless. I'd be dumb to not take SOMETHING. (I fixed the post to make that more clear I hope)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If what you're implying is I shouldn't take the survey because I told them I was going regardless... I didn't tell them that...
I told them it was a terrible discount compared to previous vacations. I was telling you guys I still took it since I was going regardless. I'd be dumb to not take SOMETHING. (I fixed the post to make that more clear I hope)

I was just messing with you...

but in a way...I’m not. They know where you’ve been and where you’re going. And they know all complaints are “superficial”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom