turning package tickets to annual passes

shannonmatteo

we are going to disney in August 07 and December 07. I want to get the free dining plan usually offered late August. Am I able to take those magic your way tickets and upgrade to an annual pass and still get the free dining?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As I understand it, yes. But the moment you upgrade to APs, you lose the DDP. So, if you get the MYW tickets for the duration of your August trip, go to Guest Relations on your departure day [after you've eaten] and convert them then. Your new APs will have an effective date of the first day you used the MYW tickets, but you'll have access to the free dining [if it's offered] or the paid DDP [if it's not offered for free] for the August trip.

No doubt JPVonDrake will jump in if I've got it wrong. :D

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Monty is absolutely right. When you upgrade your package tickets to an annual pass, you must have used all of your dining credits before this or they will be lost. We had to wait until the last day of our trip to upgrade. They backdated to annual pass to begin the first day we used the tickets.:wave:

Upvote 0

pinkrose

On our recent trip, I needed to renew my AP, so on our departure day, I used 3 of our 4 one day base tickets (We didn't need our package tickets) to renew my pass. I saved the other one and we were able to use up our dinning credits that day. I'll save that other one day pass for whenever.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, perhaps this is a recent change. But we went 12/22- 12/30. We booked through Pam and had the MYW w/dining option. We checked into CSR and inquired then how to change to ap's because we are doing a big girl scout trip in August. After checking in we caught a bus to MK and changed our tickets to AP's. We were told we could do this either before or after and the price would be the same. We went ahead and took care of it first. They gave us AP's, the cards printed up at the resort were our room keys and our dining plan keys. We hope to get our whole group in on the free dining promo in August and we will buy 1 day tickets w/dining for the length of our stay. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. It was a quick process that I will be happy to explain in detail how the CM's at MK did this change.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Although I've never upgraded a ticket in this fashion, I have read about upgrades when they're not associated with a hotel package.

There's one thing to keep in mind:
If you're upgrading a ticket that has the water parks & more option on it, they will only upgrade it to a Premium Annual Pass. To upgrade to a regular AP it would have to be either a base ticket or a base ticket with park hopping.

-Rob

Upvote 0
I would like to upgrade my MYW ticket without losing my dining credits but will not have a car to drive all over town to upgrade to the annual pass at the very last minute. Does anyone know of a phone # that I can call to speak to a Disney CM that could help me and where would I have to go to upgrade to the annual pass? Is it only at the parks?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I sent you a PM but I forgot to tell you..we did our upgrade at MK but I believe you can take care of it at any of the four main parks. Just go a bit earlier than you planned on your first day and get it done and over with..one less thing for you to worry about!

Upvote 0
Thanks, I got your message. I am grateful for the help. I am worried about losing the dining credits as I have read in other posts. We will have 2 rooms, my family of 6 and 2 other relatives. Only six of us want to upgrade , we all have paid for the dining plan, I just don't want to cause any problems. Do you think that it mattered that you upgrade before you used your tickets? Just curious, I don't want to make any mistakes.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Good Question! I was just wondering about this myself! Can I throw in another related question.......:lookaroun ...... can I upgrade to an AP and the rest of my party stay with what they had or does everyone have to upgrade?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Good Question! I was just wondering about this myself! Can I throw in another related question.......:lookaroun ...... can I upgrade to an AP and the rest of my party stay with what they had or does everyone have to upgrade?

When you upgrade tickets from a package after check-in (whether it's to an AP, adding days or just adding a park hopper option), it's on a per-ticket basis. The key is to do it *after* you check-in and get your room key. Go to the Lobby Concierge desk and they should be able to do it. (though perhaps not the upgrade-to-AP option)

(This is how people with APs were doing the Free Dining promo last year if some in their group didn't have APs. They'd book the trip with 1-day base tickets for everyone, and then after check-in they'd upgrade the tickets of those who needed more days.)

-Rob

Upvote 0

New2WDW

When you upgrade tickets from a package after check-in (whether it's to an AP, adding days or just adding a park hopper option), it's on a per-ticket basis. The key is to do it *after* you check-in and get your room key. Go to the Lobby Concierge desk and they should be able to do it. (though perhaps not the upgrade-to-AP option)

(This is how people with APs were doing the Free Dining promo last year if some in their group didn't have APs. They'd book the trip with 1-day base tickets for everyone, and then after check-in they'd upgrade the tickets of those who needed more days.)

-Rob

Thanks Rob! I would think at the end of your stay you would be able to change one pass into an AP. I continue to look into that.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I would like to upgrade my MYW ticket without losing my dining credits but will not have a car to drive all over town to upgrade to the annual pass at the very last minute. Does anyone know of a phone # that I can call to speak to a Disney CM that could help me and where would I have to go to upgrade to the annual pass? Is it only at the parks?

You can usually go the guest services office to upgrade to an AP at the end of the day after your DDP credits are all used up. We did this in Sept on our last day....we were told the Guest Services is open till 11pm which gave us plenty of time to go over after Illuminations. You need to check on other parks, not sure of their hours.

You can only get an AP at the park guest services (not sure about DTD)...can't do it at the resort. Would be nice if you could!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom