TTC parking

starwood

Is their a type of "drop off" location at the TTC? What we plan on doing is arrive at our Resort and my dad will drop us off at the MK. Now, since we really want to ride the monorail, how can he drop us off at the TTC?

eroyee

:wave: Anyone that drives a vehicle has to go to the TTC to go to the MK. only the busses go directly to the park. You drive to the TTC and park and either take the big ferry or the monorail to the MK.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Is their a type of "drop off" location at the TTC? What we plan on doing is arrive at our Resort and my dad will drop us off at the MK. Now, since we really want to ride the monorail, how can he drop us off at the TTC?
There is a drop off location at the TTC, it's inbetween the TTC and the Polynesian. Just follow the signs to the poly and you'll find it on the right, immediately after the "Bridge" or "overpass" that the TTC Trams (not monorails, trams) run underneath. You'll see lots of taxis parked there too.

Upvote 0

starwood

Original Poster
There is a drop off location at the TTC, it's inbetween the TTC and the Polynesian. Just follow the signs to the poly and you'll find it on the right, immediately after the "Bridge" or "overpass" that the TTC Trams (not monorails, trams) run underneath. You'll see lots of taxis parked there too.

how long of a walking distance is it?

Upvote 0

CMSomeday

Not far. The road you are being dropped off at (before the Polynesian) is the road that crosses over the TTC parking lot in which the trams go under just before it drops you off. I am guessing 100 yards to the monorails, if that?

I've never actually had to walk it, so maybe someone could be more accurate.

Upvote 0

Rob562

And voila! :)

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3929982

Close the "Welcome" box on the left-hand side of the screen and you'll see the full view of the surrounding area.

The TTC drop-off/taxi stand area is in the middle of the photo, under the monorail beams. Cars pulling in can get as close to the TTC as the little blue-roofed waiting area at the east end of that lot. From there you just walk across the large paved tram area (watching out for trams, of course).

To get here, follow signs for the Polynesian Resort. From World Drive (off the screen to the right) you'll turn left onto Seven Seas Drive, and then the drop-off area is on the right. (Note that you'll want the narrower driveway just past the crosswalk, not the wide one which is a blocked-off entrance into the tram area) If you miss the turn into the drop-off area, just take your next right which will be the Polynesian and tell the guard that you're just being dropped off, and have your Dad drop you off at the lobby of the Polynesian. (That way you get pretty Poly scenery *and* a ride on the monorail.)

-Rob

-Rob

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

Just a note that you'll want to be in the lane as far to the right as you can go as you enter the toll plaza. As mentioned above, you do NOT have to pay for parking to use the drop off area.

Upvote 0

PaulTetul

You could always go to one of the resorts and hop on the bus there so you dont have to go through the ttc or you could go into one of the monorail resorts and hop on there. Thats a nice little trick for drop offs

Upvote 0

CMSomeday

From the scale on the Live photo, it look's like I was close....about 150 yards to the Monorails from the blue shelter.

Also, I am certainly not condoning it, but not only would the dropoff be free, but if you keep going around the Polynesian, take a left, and come back around the Petty Experience to the TCT front ticket booths, there is a left exit into the parking just before the booths without an attendant = free TTC parking. I have an AP and was at the Contemporary for breakfast when I had to figure how to get to TTC parking for a day at the MK (staying offsite). Certainly noone to charge you for parking going in that way, and it was a legit entrance for the public from that direction; a sign exists. Makes you wonder how many folks out there may tell the booth they are going to breakfast only to come back around and get free parking....

Upvote 0

CMSomeday

I believe it is $10 or $11 per day.

Also, unless something has changed this spring, even AP holders have to pay that parking fee if arriving for a hard ticket event like MNSSHP or Pirates and Princesses right before it starts (i.e. weren't at the park all day to begin with). Thought that was a poor policy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom