TSI Paint Brushes (Common Knowlege)

JPG

Original Poster
Good morning,

I think my kids would LOVE to do this (5 and 8 yr old) BUT as I'm looking into it, it sounds like you have to be on the first raft and some adults find several.

My question: Do the Cast Members on raft tell the first riders about the paintbrushes? Are most guests (other than the forum/guidebook types) even aware of this?

In all of my trips to WDW I've never heard mention of this or seen anyone participating. (Granted we never go to TSI until much later in the day). Plus, MANY years ago I remember finding a paintbrush late in the day but simpley left it as I assumed it was a prop.

Bottom line: What are the chances of us successfully participating in this if we don't catch that very first raft? THANK YOU!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Bottom line....pretty slim. TSI does not open until 10 so it is not hard to get over there on the first boat but the majority of the people on said boat are looking for paint brushes. Typically they will all be found before the second boat makes it across.

Phonedave

Bottom line....pretty slim. TSI does not open until 10 so it is not hard to get over there on the first boat but the majority of the people on said boat are looking for paint brushes. Typically they will all be found before the second boat makes it across.

I don't know about slim. I notice that the people on the first raft come across and run around like headless chickens.

I if you take your time, and look carefully, you can still spot some. I would say by 11:00 though, they are all gone.

I once took the first raft over and spotted a brush. I then sat there and watched people (adults and kids) run past it for the better part of 45 minutes. Then some woman with a kid came by, and the kid was visibly upset, and she was saying something like "I'm sorry honey, but I think they are all gone" I then asked them if they were looking for a paint brush. They said yes, and I said "I can see one from where we are standing". They still couldn't find it, so I laughed and left - no, I pointed it out to the mother and she guided her kid towards it.

This brush was RIGHT at the dock for the rafts. On the little shelf above the bathroom door in the building there. Not more than 30 feet from where you get off the rafts, and people ran by it for over 45 minutes.

-dave

JPG

Original Poster
Thanks! I plan on going over just before 10, so hopefully it will work out for us. But how do people know to go looking for paintbrushes in the first place? I've never heard a castmember mention them.

Do the castmembers at the beginning of the day tell guests to look for them?

Thanks again to you both!!

rangerbob

I've done it a couple of times since my boys wanted to. The CM didn't say anything about the brushes. I think there were 5 families aboard the boat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom