Trying to Decide On Birthday Dinner at 1900 Faire

MomofDisneyFans

Original Poster
My daughter will be turning 5 when we visit Disney in October. I'm hoping to get an ADR at CRT for breakfast but am trying to decide where to have her b-day dinner. I've seen several posts suggesting the dinner at 1900 Faire but on other boards I've seen it get very poor reviews for its food. This is not our first visit so I understand the food at Disney is typically average at best. However, some of the reviews I've seen put the food there as "inedible". What do you guys think? Thanks!!

balletgirl2

I have been to 1900 Park numerous times both for breakfast and for dinner. It is typical buffet food with your typical carving station, salad section, side dish section, dessert section and a kids section with typical disney kids food. I have never had a problem there with inedible food.:shrug: Everything has always seemed fresh and replaced quickly as the trays empty. Is it 4 star quality food? No and I would say Vegas has way better buffets, but it really has the same kind of food you see throughout the parks at the other buffets on property.

MomofDisneyFans

Original Poster
That is exactly what I needed to know. Again we're not expecting it to be 4 star quality food but just wanted to make sure it was at least your typical buffet meal. Thanks so much for your response!

Springer

We were there last night (just got back home today :() to celebrate our daughter's birthday. The food was surprisingly good. There were several different stations - one for Spanish food, one for Italian, one for French, one for a carving station, one for kids, one for desserts and one for . . . well, I forget. The Spanish food (except the paella - too dry) was my fave. The birthday girl received a special place mat ("signed" by a variety of characters) to take home and, of course, the obligatory birthday cupcake. A great time was had by all! Wish I were still there.

lives4disney

We have done 1900 Park Fare for my daughter's birthdays several times. :)

To say the food is "inedible"....that's way off base. :confused: Even my picky eater finds things there other than the standard Mickey Mac & Cheese and chicken nuggets....there are LOTS of options. A large variety of different items.

The birthday princess has received the placemat and cupcake and even crowns and autographed character photos a couple times.

The characters at dinner are Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine - who is terrific in that role as villainous without being scary for little ones... and the two step sisters who are an absolute riot. I think it's a really fun place to celebrate a child's birthday. :king:

Here is a link to my 1900 Park Fare page on my Grand Floridian website..there are photos and info for you to help you make the best decision.

http://www.wherethemagiclives.com/1900_park_fare.html

Lives4Disney:)

BPForever

My daughter will be turning 5 when we visit Disney in October. I'm hoping to get an ADR at CRT for breakfast but am trying to decide where to have her b-day dinner. I've seen several posts suggesting the dinner at 1900 Faire but on other boards I've seen it get very poor reviews for its food. This is not our first visit so I understand the food at Disney is typically average at best. However, some of the reviews I've seen put the food there as "inedible". What do you guys think? Thanks!!

With a 5-year-old birthday girl, I would think the most important thing is the characters, not the food. Are her favorite characters among those at 1900 PF?
We didn't like the food at all but the characters are funny :p It IS expensive for what it is and it does seem very crowded. Compared to the old days, we didn't think 1900 PF was very good at all, although DH liked the desserts a lot.
But if your little girl loves Cinderella then I wouldn't care. What about O'Hana?

MomofDisneyFans

Original Poster
She is a huge Cinderella fan so that was why I was thinking about this one. She doesn't really have much of an interest in Lilo and Stitch so I hadn't really considered ohana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom