Tronorail Coral Spotted!

WDWExplorer

Banned
Original Poster
Just got back home from an evening at MK... driving backstage on my way home, Coral was poking out of Bay 2 at the monorail shop.. The front portion of each cab was Blue/Black... Couldn't get a picture as it was pitch black (10:30 pm) and all I had with a camera was my cell phone..

Looked pretty cool so far.. looked like it was just done on the cab's themselves so far, not the rest... Not even the entire first car on each end.. literally JUST the pilot cabin area.....

Cool stuff!

Yensid40

Looks like a complete wrap around. I was nervous thinking that it was going to be like those window clings or something cheese like that.

This could look pretty cool.

NWDMD

I think this would look much better on DL's Mark VII monorails.

Anyone know when WDW is scheduled to get new monorails? Any design changes in the next set?

Tom

Beta Return
I think this would look much better on DL's Mark VII monorails.

Anyone know when WDW is scheduled to get new monorails? Any design changes in the next set?

New monorails probably aren't on the short-term list right now. They just spent a ton of money creating Teal from two broken trains, and are currently spending a ton MORE money making a nearly brand new 12th train out of scraps.

s8film40

New monorails probably aren't on the short-term list right now. They just spent a ton of money creating Teal from two broken trains, and are currently spending a ton MORE money making a nearly brand new 12th train out of scraps.

I agree but you never know, they didn't start putting wraps on the the DL monorails until they were on there way out. They wouldn't dream of wrapping those nice shiny new monorails for at least 10 or more years from now. I think the fact that they would even consider wrapping a monorail is an indication that they do not respect it as something that is new and nice.

Bork Bork

I think Disney could easily over do it with advertisements on the monorail, and they should be careful not to cheapen an iconic symbol of the parks.

However, Tron seems to fit IMO. I can't wait to get a pic of this zipping through Future World. Alice would have been problematic, but Tron works.

markc

My guess is that they recieved some sort of insurance payment for the accident, so they really arent paying for the fixed monorails, per se, out of any budget, therefore that has no relevance or weight in any decision to purchase new monorails.

GymLeaderPhil

Which makes you wonder why they didn't choose the yellow and blue trains for the overlays, so that CM identification and radio ops would be easier.

-Rob
Perhaps they decided to take two trains down that needed other things fixed while applying the decals? Or they picked the most reliable of the fleet since the article on the Disney Parks Blog seems to indicate that they will be exclusive to the Epcot loop.

Buzzforprez

I'm not sure how I am going to like the new designs but I havent liked any of the others so far. What I am curious about is that no one has mentioned the obvious. Arent the Tron motorcycles made to cut one another off to make it crash? This type of ad after the recent tragedy? Just a thought.

rebecca06261

While I'm not a fan of the trashing of the monorails for the purposes of advertising, this is a very appropriate fit, especially since it's only on two trains on the EPCOT line. Kudos to Disney for once!

prberk

While I'm not a fan of the trashing of the monorails for the purposes of advertising, this is a very appropriate fit, especially since it's only on two trains on the EPCOT line. Kudos to Disney for once!

Is it only for the EPCOT line? Do we know this for sure?

worldfanatic

What I am curious about is that no one has mentioned the obvious. Arent the Tron motorcycles made to cut one another off to make it crash? This type of ad after the recent tragedy? Just a thought.

99.999% of people won't make that association.
The other .001% will have to deal with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom