Tron 3 Dead? 2023 Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
ElasticHideousChickadee-size_restricted.gif
Yeah I have a feeling that Disney is going to start dredging up ideas from the well of past movies and series for more D+ content. We've already seen it with a lot of the recent announcements. But I wouldn't be surprised if more of the previously cancelled sequels start popping up into production for D+ series. Its cheaper and quicker to go the DCOM route with D+ than to try and push them out to theaters. Especially since we're probably looking at least 18-24 months before normalcy kicks in for theaters.

Tony Perkis

Season 1 of Prop Culture on Disney+ includes an episode on TRON.

It features, among other things, an interview with Syd Mead that was filmed just before he passed away.

Definitely worth watching.
Not anywhere close to my favorites amongst Disney films, but the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids episode is very good.

Robbiem

I’d love to see more Tron. Maybe Disney could use the volume tech from the mandalorian to make a Disney plus series set on the game grid

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If the AI programs have their way, not even the golden age actors!
Just look at the usage of Tupac, Bogart, Wayne, Kelly, Grant and more all used in commercials and concerts.

Forget AI advancements, Hollywood themselves have been trying to find ways to get digital actors for a long time. Why pay for a big name when you can get a digital one for free. Talk about cheap budgets....

Just look at the movie S1m0ne from 20 years ago.

Phroobar

Just look at the usage of Tupac, Bogart, Wayne, Kelly, Grant and more all used in commercials and concerts.

Forget AI advancements, Hollywood themselves have been trying to find ways to get digital actors for a long time. Why pay for a big name when you can get a digital one for free. Talk about cheap budgets....

Just look at the movie S1m0ne from 20 years ago.
So when are they going to 3D scan Susan Dey like they did in Looker?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Jodi Turner-Smith and Greta Lee have reportedly joined the cast of Tron: Ares.

"Jodi Turner-Smith, who starred in 2019’s crime movie Queen & Slim, has joined the cast of Tron: Ares, the third installment of Disney’s technology-pushing movie series.

Jared Leto, Greta Lee and Evan Peters have already logged on to the cyber adventure, which is gearing up for an August shoot in Vancouver. Joachim Ronning who helmed Maleficent: Mistress of Evil and co-directed Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, is in the director’s chair."

-----

"Leto, who has been attached to the project for several years, is to play Ares, the manifestation of the program. Lee is playing a video game programmer and tech CEO in what is described as the leading role.

It is not clear who Turner-Smith is playing."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom