Trip Report - Typhoon Lagoon

Yes, I know it's not one of the main four parks, but still, the water parks need their play too! Especially this time of year!

Anyways, I ventured to Typhoon Lagoon today (8-6-06). We pulled into the parking lot at noon and saw that it was going to be a busy day at the park.

We went in and the first line we waited in was to rent a locker. All the registers who rent lockers were backed up, and this was just a sign of what was to follow for the rest of the day.

1 p.m.
Once getting our belongings into the locker, we ventured around the park. The wait times were anywhere from 0 minutes for the lazy river to an hour for Crush and Gusher. We chose the lazy river.

2 p.m.
We went up to the speed slide area. The wait sign posted a 25-40 minute wait for the three speed slides. We waited maybe 10 minutes for them. Not bad at all.
We then waited 15 minutes for the three high speed slides. The posted time was 30 minutes.

3 p.m.
We were hoping the rain clouds on the horizon would come in and wash some of the people away, but the sun held strong.
The posted sign for the tube slides were close to accurate. We waited 15 minutes for the single tube slides.

4 p.m.
We head over to Crush and Gusher. The sign says 45 minutes, but we were on the water coaster in 15. The line was moving and so were the jets! Airtime was in full force.

5 p.m.
We play in the wave pool. Those waves were HUGE! The wave pool was pretty packed, but what can you expect. I love the waves that thing produces.

6 p.m.
We get in line for the family raft slide. We wait about 10 minutes before seeing the entire line. The sign changed from 30 minutes to an hour wait while we were in line. We got out of line because we were tired and called it a day.

So, overall, it was a great day. Yes, there were more people there than I expected, but the tab wasn't on me this time! There were a lot of locals who were getting in one last day of summer before school starts on Monday. I thought they would all be at Wal-Mart getting school supplies and not in line with me!

Sorry, no pictures. My camera isn't waterproof and I just didn't take any pics when I was out of the water.

The staff was great all day long.

Now... I'm off to put more aloe on my back! Holy Sunburn!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom