trip report- dec. 30 to jan 2

Had a great time. My family and I arrived on tuesday the 30th at the Port Orleans Riverside. We hung around downtown disney on tuesday night and then wed- we went to MGM for New Year. It was fun. A lot of fun. They had a band playing- I think Frankie and the West End something but it was all well known songs. The park was packed with people and they had handed out hats and horns so everywhere we went, we heard horns.

Thursday was nice and empty at the parks- We went to Magic Kingdom early in the morning and Philhar Magic is amazing. I loved it. I went on Timekeeper ( I never been on it or heard of it) it's very cute. And many more rides with less then 15 minute waits. That night we went to Epcot which was completely empty. We walked around the showcase and saw all these cute shows. Got some stuff to take home including a $125 fake flower pot thingie from China. Friday we left for home.

Overall, the parks were great. We skipped Animal Kingdom because we got bored of it over the last few years. The CMs were great. Only encountered one problem which was at the hotel's dining hall thing where the servers got in a fight over french toast which was pretty funny to watch. Of course I didn't get any french toast that morning because they didn't want to serve it. The weather was amazing. High 70s' and low 80s'. We went swimming everyday and the pools were packed.

It was a great trip. I wish we were still there.

drp4video

Wow-we must think alike. My daughter and I arrived on the 30th too-We were at MGM for New Years as well. Good music- Lots of crowd, fun people, party hats and noisemakers (altho we went to the 6:30 p.m. Fantasmic show where they were handing out the hats and noisemakers, and boy can young kids blow those noisemakers loud and a lot!). Had dinner at Hollywood and VIne which was too crowded for my taste. Dinner reservation was for 9:30-we got in about 10:30 p.m. Plates were dirty and we felt very rushed. I don't think I would eat there again. Sorecery in the Sky was awesome tho. I had fun, but it was a little too crowded for me.

We also did Epcot the next day, crowds were not too bad at all-no problem or wait except for Test Track-it was out of Fast Passes by the time we got there (11 a.m.-arrival time at the park) and we did not want to wait 90 minutes. It was cold for Illuminations, I bought a blanket (then ice cream-lol-while we waited for the show.)

Did Magic Kingdom the next day, did not get there until noon and it was very crowded-as it was open till midnight we did most everything tho -loved the Philharmagic-caught it for the second time at midnight.

Rested on day four-pool and downtown disney. We skipped Animal Kingdom too-and saved the 4th day of our hopper for another time.

On Sunday the 4th we went to Islands of Adventure and it was empty. We did the whole park in 4 hours-all the rides, some, twice. No wait for Jurrasic Park. I was amazed.

We too had fun, and it sounds like out trip was very similar to yours-but it was a little crowded those first few days for me. We usually go the second or third week in August-it is hot-but crowds are not as bad. Not sure if I will go back this time of year again.

Oh, we stayed at Pop Century and loved it. Parking there is a problem, so I got fed up and just left the rental car at the curb. Food court was good-crowded tho the first few days-hard to find a seat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom