Trip Report: 9/21 - 9/25 - Is that it?

imperius

I love both, but here's a question: Why does Universal get beat up for having so many screen rides when Disney has so many omni movers? Granted, I like some of them, but what differentiates Ariel, Nemo, Haunted Mansion and Imagination's ride system? It's the theme of the ride itself. Same as the screen based rides.

I could spend days at the Magic Kingdom. Epcot, I could give 2 days tops. Studios, I could give maybe a day to, and same for Animal Kingdom. I could spend multiple days at both Universal parks.
I get the issues with screens, but this is what I always think about Disney. Great another slow moving ride. I can reride most rides at universal and still be excited and have fun during them while I go to Disney way more and ride HM, LM, and Peter Pan and really just sit there thinking, “this break from the sun is nice.”

erikjp

People all have different interests and different things that excite them. I think objectively there are some legitimate criticisms about both Disney and Universal (Disney's lack of updates for the past decade and Universals reliance on screens), but a lot of peoples differences just comes down to their preferences.

I agree with earlier posters that Disney bores me to death. I am also a mid-20's guy with no kids, so Disney doesn't really cater to my demographic. And while I have some nostalgia from visiting as a kid, I'm not a pixie duster so I approached the park rather objectively. I went to Disney a couple years ago and never really had any 'fun' other than at Animal Kingdom (cause I am now of the age I can appreciate animals, and Everest was a fun coaster) and then drinking at Epcot (now that I am old enough to do so, but Epcot sans alcohol seems boring). Hollywood Studios is a complete train wreck that I spent maybe 2 hours in, and Magic Kingdom was just too busy to be enjoyable. I also waited for over an hour for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train only to be massively disappointed and couldn't get a single restaurant reservation the entire day.

With the exception of someone buying my ticket, I would never willingly go back to Disney World. Why would I pay for the insane stress from having to plan everything out 60-90 days in advance just to ride boring rides like Little Mermaid (which btw, I couldn't even make out the songs the sound was so bad) or Figment?

On the same trip I went to Universal Studios and absolutely loved it. I didn't have to pre-plan anything, no reservations needed even to eat at the Harry Potter restaurants, and I could ride every single ride without outrageous wait times. Sure some of the rides overly rely on screens (Transformers ride is awful, and while I didn't like Minions my mother loved it), but are entertaining enough to ride through at least once. And a bunch of the rides are amazing enough to go multiple times. I rode Forbidden Journey 6 times I loved it so much, and rode the Mummy 4 times.

We all have out preferences of what we like and dislike, if you didn't enjoy Universal that's no problem. I do appreciate it being less crowded than Disney World :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom