Trip Report 7/19 - 7/25 (Part I)

7/19
The wife and I dropped the dogs off at the boarder and were on the road at 10:00 am for the 8 or so hours it takes to drive down. We decided to come down a night early since my inlaws would be arriving on an am flight the next day. We checked into ASM around 6:30, took a look at the room and then headed off to AKL for dinner at Jiko. Upon seeing AKL my wife and I both decided that this would be where we stayed on our next trip. It was incredible. We looked at the animals for about an hour and then headed into Jiko. It was our first meal here and it didnt disappoint. The duck and pork firecracker appetizer was outstanding! We followed that up with the filets which were served with macaroni and cheese over a red wine sauce. The meal was excellent and on par with the California Grill and other fine restaurants on property.

7/20
We were scheduled to check into Boardwalk Villas for the rest of our trip but decided to head over the Animal Kingdom first to get in a couple of rides before going to the airport. We rode Kilamanjaro Safaris (my wife's favorite) and PW because I had never riden it. Then we headed over to the airport, picked up the inlaws and checked into BWV. I had never stayed at a deluxe or dvc resort so this was a real treat. We got take pizza from Spoodles which was good but not great and headed over to Epcot. We rode SE and then I saw it, MS was open! We did single rider which was very speedy. I have to say that this ride was worth the wait. I think its the best thrill in Orlando(sorry spiderman). After that we took in LS, and Food Rocks and then headed for dinner at the Coral Reef. I love this restaurant, especially the lobster bisque and chocolate wave desert. We were all stuffed so we decided to mosey around until Illuminations. After that we went back to BWV for a good night's rest.

disneydawg

Original Poster
Trip Report 7/19 - 7/25 (Part II)

7/21
Waking up at BWV is great. I went down to the Boardwalk, got a donut and coke from the bakery and sat down right next to the water. While the inlaws got ready my wife and I headed over for a quick ride on TT. After that we returned to our family and headed over to MK. There we rode just about everything we wanted with the exception of the e-ride night rides as we would ride them the next night. We left MK and headed over to MGM for a PS at the Borwn Derby. It was good as usual and we were going to try and make Fantasmic but found that there was only standing room left so we said no thanks. Instead my wife, sister-in-law and myself rode ToT and RnRC! It was my sister-in-law's first trip on each and she left them completely happy. I love riding ToT with first time riders.

7/22
This is AK day, my wife's favorite. We head straight for KS and it doesnt disappoint as there are giraffes 2 feet from the vehicle. I love the fact that this ride is different every time. From there we head over the see ITTBB which instantly becomes my mother-in-law's favorite. We also take a look at the Jungle Trek and then head over to Tusker House for lunch. This restaurant is the best counter service on property. With the variety and quality in the menu you cant beat it. After lunch we finish up with the Pangani trail, PW, and Dinosaur. We head back to BWV for a rest and then off to California Grill for dinner. Once again this is the best steak I have ever had. That was a consensus among my party. It was my sister-in-laws birthday so she was extremely happy. Then we walked over to MK for e-ride night. It started off great as we rode Buzz and then went to jump on Space which broke down while we were sitting in the car waiting to leave the platform. We sat in the car for about 25 minutes waiting for it to start again but got fed up waiting and left. All told we lost about 40 minutes just trying to ride Space. We then rode Splash and BTM before heading back to finally ride Space. After that there was only 10 minutes of e-ride night left so we bought a couple of things at the emporium and left for a much needed night's sleep.

disneydawg

Original Poster
Trip Report 7/19 - 7/25 (Part III)

7/23
This was early hour day at Epcot so we walked over at about 8:15. We got TT fastpasses because the line was already a 30 minute wait. We shopped a bit and then at 9 saw HISTA and then JII. Then it was time for our fastpass at TT. Everybody loved this ride. We then rode Body Wars, ate some lunch at Electirc Umbrella then went back to the hotel for about an hour before heading to MGM. We rode ToT, which was my father-in-laws(fil) first time, then rode GMR because RnRC wait time was too long and fast pass time conflict with dinner ps. Then we saw Indy stunt show but they only did 1 scene because it was raining. After that we walked right into Muppets. Then my fil and I rode Star Tours while the ladies went to fps for Millionaire. After that we had a Fantasmic PS at Mama Melrose's. The food here was good but nothing special. Then we booked it over to Millionaire which was the first time for everyone. Then we stood in line for RnRC which gets better each time I ride it. After that it was time for Fantasmic. I had never seen this and was thoroughly impressed. However, I probably wouldnt do the Fantasmic dinner again as the reserved section seats are not spectacular and you still have to get there pretty early.

7/24
Back to the AK for Festival of the Lion King. This show was awesome and I'm glad we made it a point to see it. Then we saw ITTBB again and picked up fps for KS. We shopped a bit and then rode KS one last time as this is my wife's favorite attraction in the world. Then it was off to the Boardwalk and lunch at ESPN Club. None of the women really liked this place but my fil and I both were enthralled by the onslaught of televisions. Then the ladies all had massages scheduled at the Boardwalk so my fil and I headed back to ride MS one last time. We ended up riding it twice in a row which was a great way to say goodbye to Epcot. After that we picked up the rest of the family and headed to Ohana for dinner. This was a great meal for a reasonable price. We then went to MK to catch the fireworks which was the end of our trips to the parks. Sob.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom