Trip Report 7/10-16

:cry: Just Returned from the most magical place on earth and boy do I have some insight!
I have to agree 100% with Imagineer99 (read on)...
Prior to our arrival (wife and 2 boys 8,9) I found out thru sources at Airtran that a Disney booking (we booked all inclusive thru AAA) does not group airline seating together rather they assign seats at random allowing for a family of 4 to have 4 seats scattered throughout the plane:veryconfu ...per Airtran, it's up to you to switch seats with the person who occupies that seat within your families row. This occurred on both legs of the trip as well as to others.
Disney transportation and luggage delivery again never an issue.

Hotel:
We stayed at the All Star Sports, read both negative and positive blogs prior to arrival to Sports but it was absolutely a miserable stay. Stayed at POP last year and was 100% better. Sports had a small food court and multiple groups of 50+ South American Tour groups...(very young, very loud and very rude). Groups carrying on well past 1am in the halls and near the pool nightly. One ex: on monday of our departure, I was sitting at a table at the food court trying to finish the last of our 2 TS meals remaining and waiting for my family, all of a sudden a group of 3 Brazillian tour members made themselves at home...at my table while I was mid bite of an western omelette! No asking, just sat right on in. Imagine my wife's reaction upon her arrival to the table?:mad: Too many groups, too many teams and too few courteous behavior shown!

Parks:
Magic Kingdom hasnt changed in 25+ years. Born and raised in SFla now living in Chicago it was great to feel 98 degrees and 110% humidity!:lol: Saw all parades and wishes, ate at Tony's italian on main street (sat on the porch and watched spectromagic). Warning - This restaurant closes at 9pm and they are in such a hurry to make it known that they are closing. They almost are pushing you out the door so they can clean...Food was good but if I went again, I would go well before closing time.

MGM - Little to do except for Tower and Rockin Rollercoaster. As stated previous, backlot tour was stale but the Lights Motor Action was by far 1 of the best shows that we had seen. We (me and son 9) fastpassed Rollercoaster and was directed to the single rider line by a cast member. This line was 1+ hours long and slower than the fast pass line. We had no knowledge (until we reached the coaster) that w ewere in a single rider line. Asked the cast memeber if my son and I can ride together after explaining issue. This reaction and treatment was by far not what I expected by Disney standards. Absolutely NO, and if you dont seperate you will leave NOW. :mad: I stated the obvious and was not going to be seperated from my son. LEAVE NOW was the statement. Of course my son was upset and crying, I asked for a manager, finally arrived 25 minutes later and re-hashed the episode again. Really no remorse but gave in and allowed us to ride together. Boy was the cast member furious as I climbed on board she stormed after the manager and a heated exchange was heard in the back hallway. I was glad to blast off at that point.

Epcot:
Soarin impossible to ride (2+ hr wait all day and night). Ate at the Living Seas. Views were terrific and divers in tank were showmen! Rode a Segway at Innovations West...what a thrill!:ROFLOL:

AK:
Donalds Breakfastsaurus again awesome for the kids. All characters available and eggs too! Fastpassed Everest and did Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl, both terrific. Saw Nemo, great show and fastpassed rapids before Everest. Did Everest and then Rapids. All got soaked. Great in 97 degree heat! Did Nemo, Everest and Rapids all in 2 hours. Wife wanted to see Lion King. Sat thru first 10 minutes then lights came, on doors opened and automated message said please exit. Cast members had no idea what happened. Wife was upset, we were given no explaination. Only downfall of AK.

Universal:
First time attending. What a place. Mummy spectacular, MIB cool and earthquake / twister exciting. Terminator a very close second to MGM Lights Motor Action! Purchased meal pass for $19.99 p/adult and $9.99 per child. Great deal on paper but menu very limited for kids (pizza and dessert). Not told that beverages NOT included:cry: In 97 degree heat, no beverage included that was a rip. All employees so disgruntled and less than enthusiastic / courteous. This is the one glaring difference between Disney and Universal. The employees!. Universal Jaws boat cpatain energetic and enthusiastic, the only one.

Thanks.

ask!

Thanks for the objective trip report....I appreciate your true-to-life perspective......seems like you created wonderful memories for your faimly.

And I agree whole-heartedly about Mummy...spectacular!

Andrea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom