Trip report 3/8-15

frozenjill

Hi! We had a great trip and I'd just like to pass on a few details...

We got to the Beach Club at 11 on Saturday and our room was ready (guess traffic really IS down at the resorts). We decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon instead of one of the main parks since we came from snow and cold. It was a cloudy-looks-like-rain day and the place was deserted! We did the slides as fast as we could run up the stairs.

Did go to all the parks in the following days. I had read tips here and in Unofficial Guide and was glad. Go as early as possible is the best advice. Got Fast Passes early too and we were able to ride many popular rides multiple times. The advice about going back to the hotel to rest is good, but don't expect to do much if you go back to the parks after. The lines for rides are long and the Fast Passes are gone. Since we stayed at an Epcot resort, we found ourselves at World Showcase most evenings, which worked fine.

The biggest disappointment was MK. It started when we went to Tom Sawyer Island at 12, expecting to eat at Aunt Polly's and play. Sign said "Aunt Polly's Now Serving Delicious Desserts." We got there and not only was Aunt Polly's closed, but it looked abandoned! Headed for Toontown, where Goofy's Barnstormer had been supposed to reopen on 3/8 (this was 3/13) it looked like it was weeks from reopening and my son was crushed. So we headed to Donald's boat. Sign said Donald's boat was out of water! Mostly a good time at MK, but still...

The Beach Club was a great place! The Stormalong slide was down (we knew about this ahead of time) and wasn't scheduled to reopen until 3/17 (the day after we left) but DID reopen on 3/14 :sohappy: . BUT we asked for a full balcony water view room, and got a HUGE ugly stone roof, parking lot and oh yeah, there's a canal. For the price of the room I was surprised it wasn't very special, we even had to ask for a coffee maker and buy our own coffee! Otherwise we did love the Beach Club. Great pool, kid friendly, decent restaurants, and convienient to Epcot and MGM.

Favorite rides: 4 year old - Dumbo (what else?)
7, 9 year old, Dad - Rock 'n Roller Coaster
Mom - can't decide, loved too many things
Favorite place to eat: Dad - Spoodles
Everyone else - Nine Dragons (China) get
the sampler!

Any questions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom