trip planning in summer ?

rctfan

hi !
it's my first post, but i really need your help and this discussion board seems to be the best (and the most active) about WDW and Orlando.
i'm a theme park fan from Europe (Belgium), and as i will finish my studies this year (i expect to finish in june). After that I would like to go to Orlando to visit all parks (WDW, Universal, BGT, seaworld). I already have the budget so it's ok for that. But i still have concerns about crowds and weather, so could you help me to answer the following questions ?

-i'll probably go to Orlando for two weeks, i don't know when exactly, but it will be between the beginning of July and the beginning of october. Are the parks crowded at this period ? What's the best period to go ?

-i read that Florida is very humid during summer. Does it mean that it rains all the time, or there are only short storms ?

-is it possible that parks close if there's a violent storm ?

-the end of september seems (to me) to be better than july or August, but i have also read that there were hurricanes during september/october. Are they really dangerous ? Is it risked to go to Orlando during this period ? (i mean, risk=parks closed)

thank you in advance

bucklmd

Hey Belgium!! Welcome to the boards!

I understand your concern for traveling such a great distance and wanting to make sure you pick the right time to go. I take it that this is your first trip to Disney?

Keep in mind that our summer months (June, July, August) are the most crowded and are very hot. It is very humid too. It does rain almost every day, but only for short periods of time and usually in the afternoon. There are also thunderstorms pretty often, but almost never do they close the parks due to the storms. The benefits of going in the summer months is that because there are more people, the parks are open longer and there is often more entertainment.

Going in October would probably be the better choice because it isn't as crowded and its a little bit cooler, though plenty warm. It does still rain or storm, but not as much. And, as far as I know, WDW has only opened 1 hour late one time in its history due to a hurricane. So, both times you mentioned will be OK times to go it just depends on what you would rather be faced with. Even if you do have to put up with Mother Nature or crowds, it is still Disney and it's nearly impossible to not have a great time!!

Upvote 0

johnvree

I agree with bucklmd. End of September/early October is your best bet. Kids are back in school and the college semester has started, so the crowds are much less crowded. The parks close a little earlier, but the lower crowds more than make up for it.

As for the weather, it wil still be more than warm enough to swim, but not as hot as August. It rains all the time in Florida. The good thing is that it typically lasts less than 1/2 hour.

Actually, pray for a few overcast/rainy days. You will have the parks to yourself those days.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I think you're on the right track...I've been to WDW the past 2 summers in late June early July and althought it was very hot and humid, what I minded the most is that it did rain several days almost the entire day. While the parks remained opened, several rides were closed temporarily, due to the rain. The weather is nicer, and still warm enough to enjoy the water attractions if you go in Late September/eary October, like alot of people suggested. The parks are far less crowded, especially if you get into October.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom