Trip insurance in case of illness?

999doombuggies

Anyone ever purchase trip insurance in case of illness of one of the members in the party? Is it possible to purchase trip insurance to cover trip costs in case one person is sick prior to or during the vacation?

I am an insurance nut in terms of many phenomena but I have zero experience with vacation/trip insurance. Is there a reputable company to use.

Thanks, we are going down during marathon week.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You can pretty much insure any scenario for a price, although typically policies that I have used in the past only cover trip costs for illness if it is a serious illness. They are not going to rerun you if someone has a cold for example.

I have used http://www.travelguard.com and they were extremely good when I had to make a claim.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

We always purchase insurance for every vacation we take that involves hotel and airfare regardless of destination. Well worth the peace of mind in our opinion. Ya never know when your kid is going to break a bone, get pink eye or any one of twenty different viruses anyone in the house can get taken out of commission with.

Upvote 0

luv

I didn't insure trips to WDW because all I'd lose would be airfare change fees and I was willing to gamble and lose on those. I did once, too. But if you add up all the money I'd have spent on insurance for all the Disney trips I took, I saved money by forfeiting the change fees on the one I had to cancel at the last minute.

If I booked an expensive, non-refundable trip, I'd buy the trip insurance, though. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom