Trip from Pinball Challenge 1/2-1/8

Since it's a beautiful day in Akron, Ohio (37 and raining), I'll attempt part of my trip report. The weather in Orlando was in the 70's and 80's while we were there. This trip was a surprise made possible by winning the WDWMAGIC pinball challenge, we weren't planning our next trip til next year. I can't thank Steve enough. First of all, we were very happy with our stay at the Swan, not a single complaint. The staff was friendly, everything clean, lots of dining options (a bit pricey), and access to EMH's and Disney transport.
1/2 We flew in about noon and we used Quicksilver for the ride to our resort. Great service, we were at our hotel in about a half hour. We checked in and headed straight for Epcot in the rain. We rode Nemo, Turtle Talk but Soarin had a long wait. So, after checking wait times my daughter (7 y.o.) and I caught the monorail to MK. Of course it started raining harder, the wait for Space Mountain was 90 min., Indy cars in the rain is pretty fun!
1/3 Everest wasn't open last year when we were there...guess where we went? The fastpass line was longer than the ride line by the time we walked in at opening. We got passes, then rode it 2 times with minimal wait. Rode 3 times before 11:00, priceless! My wife got soaked on Kali, she picks the wrong seat every time. We went back to the hotel for a rest, then saw about half of Fantasmic before it got rained out. ToT line was about an hour...
1/4 EMH at MK, this was the first time I didn't have much luck. Most of the lines were long. We did Space Mountain and Buzz, then headed over for pirate lessons. I thought it was really funny, a pretty credible Jack Sparrow. My daughter went up, which surprised me because she's pretty shy. It's pretty bizarre looking at a closed Splash Mountain, disappointing. Had dinner at Bluezoo in the Dolphin, really good seafood, excellent service (server named Alex?), expensive. Took way too long for a 7 y.o., she wasn't happy- but we were.

I'll send more later, I'm still trying to figure out how to post some pic's. I've never done this before so suggestions on text and posting pic's is appreciated.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Nice to see you had a good trip! :sohappy:

If I had had anything resembling hope of beating you at pinball I might be jealous... But you're safe on that score! :D

hdcjenks

Original Poster
Pic's I hope!

DSCN0710wdw07-1.jpg

DSCN0702wdw07.jpg

DSCN0701wdw07.jpg

DSCN0696wdw07.jpg

DSCN0692wdw07.jpg

DSCN0689wdw07.jpg

I had to show this one, my wife and daughter are in the 4th row.
DSCN0647wdw07.jpg

hdcjenks

Original Poster
The rest

1/6 The day of the half marathon, went to AK. Rode EE 5 more times, yes we're addicts. We loved Nemo the musical. The coolest part of the trip was near the end of this day. A cast member came and asked us if we were staying for the parade, and then asked us if we'd like to ride in a float....um, are you kidding? Our faces hurt from smiling, unbelievable. They gave us a disposable camera, took our pic on the float. The funny thing is they said not to take pic's behind the gate.
1/7 Marathon Day. We went to DS, the runners were going by as we waited for the gate to open, everyone in line would clap as they passed. Good choice for the last day, hardly anyone there. Rode ToT 8 times, 3 while the girls were watching shows. Ended the evening with Illuminations at Epcot, WOW!

That's all, thanks again
Dave

Uponastar

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing the pictures and the report with the rest of us!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great pics! Glad you had a great time at the Swan and WDW! :)

If anyone is wondering how he won the trip, he played our Pinball game here on WDWMAGIC. The prize was a 5 night stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, along with some dining and spa treatments.
The final score table is http://games.wdwmagic.com/pinball/highscoretable.aspx
I'd like to add a big thanks to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin for helping us with the contest.

Congratulations again on the win, and thanks for letting us know about your trip.

SpongeScott

Dave, nice report! Congrats again on winning the game and the icing on the cake was getting to ride the float! Sounds like it was a great time. You have a beautiful family. :wave:

hdcjenks

Original Poster
Winning the trip

Yes, I won the trip playing the pinball challenge! The contest ran last summer, ended Oct. 1, I had the high score and got to go to WDW! I'm still experiencing back to real world blues.

New2WDW

Thanks for sharing! Who knew playing pinball all day for months would gain you such a prize! :lol: How many times did you play until you scored the big score?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom