Trick or Treating at the Halloween Party ...

ArielWannaBe

Original Poster
Sorry if this is a dumb question ... but is the Trick or Treating strictly for kids at the MNSSHP ? The last time I went we didnt even think to get a bag b/c we went in early ... and also if its just for kids I wouldnt want to take away from there special time either! Anyone know the rules for this ?

New2WDW

Disney only starts getting angry at the Adults when the Adults begin to knock the children over in an attempt to get to the candy location first.

What......:lookaroun .............its not like I did this or something!

DicksonGR

Fantastic question, one I have been wondering myself. What do you do? Do cast members simply hand out candy or are there candy stations? :shrug: I can't wait!!

ArielWannaBe

Original Poster
Fantastic question, one I have been wondering myself. What do you do? Do cast members simply hand out candy or are there candy stations? :shrug: I can't wait!!

When you arrive at the gates I know they hand out trick or treat bags ... And throughout the MK there are stations ... Last time they were marked with big giant light up pumpkins and that is where you would go ... I believe they even had special map to help you find the candy areas. :sohappy:

shari71

Adults are encouraged to get candy too. You can either pick up a free bag at the entrance (or if you don't get one there all the candy stations have extras) or bring your own bag/container. Just hold out your bag as you walk by and they put candy in. The later in the evening the more candy you are likely to get. Along the parade route they also give out candy and last year they had a Snickers trough as you left where you topped off your bag with Snickers.

smee08

Hi there...a little new here (it's my first post) but I couldn't help myself!

Adults are very welcome to helping themselves to the candy stations. I second ariealwanna be in that you should definitely grab a candy bag along with a map at the entrance (or at one of the stations). The map is especially helpful because it tells you where all the treat stations are plus when the parades and fireworks will be starting.

And a little less know secret, the candy lines are the least crowded during the parades and fireworks...plus, you can go in and out of the same line as many times you want. I recall seeing some kids go in and out of a treat station several times in a row...and by the time they decided to leave they had several bags full :slurp:

Be sure to dress up at the parties! It makes the night much more enjoyable and you'll get lots of comments from the CM's and guests.

MissM

I was there Halloween Night 2005. It was the last night of the Party, so as the night went on, each station was giving more and more and more candy. Eventually, they started scooping armfuls into anything anybody had that could hold candy - backpacks, shopping bags, etc.

We came home with 24 POUNDS of candy. Pics: http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

I understand ours was the odd exception year, but still, YES! adults can and should enjoy trick-or-treating as well. You should also dress up because it's really a ton of fun.
-m

Pocamahontas

I was there Halloween Night 2005. It was the last night of the Party, so as the night went on, each station was giving more and more and more candy. Eventually, they started scooping armfuls into anything anybody had that could hold candy - backpacks, shopping bags, etc.

We came home with 24 POUNDS of candy. Pics: http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

I understand ours was the odd exception year, but still, YES! adults can and should enjoy trick-or-treating as well. You should also dress up because it's really a ton of fun.
-m

OKay thanks sooo much for those pictures. The teacup full of candy is amazing!!! And you looked gorgeous in your dress! And needlesstosay the fireworks video was amazing. I'm going to the P&PP and hope it's just as amazing as that night was(or looks).

raven

The bags they give you are kinda small and they give you a lot of candy and it's the good stuff. So we ended up dumping those backs into our backpack so we could go back and get more. We ended up having to put the candy in a seperate checked luggage for our flight and when we put it on the scale at the ticket counter it was about 30lbs!

I don't feel we cheated anyone out of candy it's just that we kept going back into the lines because it was the first one of the season. We ended up using the candy for our own Halloween party. :wave:

KnK

Last year was our first year. My husband and I got more candy then you can imagine. I estimated about 10-15 pounds of candy by the time we were down. My husband was like a little kid again, mind you he is 44! He was so excited to go trick or treating!

We are looking forward to September 14 when we get to go again!

wild01ride

Wow! That's amazing!

We went to the P&PP this past Jan. and, while the entire experience was excellent - the candy was definitely not as good as what are in those pictures. The chocolates were some moderately-good coins, but it looks like they give out the good stuff at MNSSHP!

J_Krafty24

MissM - thank you for posting your pictures. They single-handedly convinced my soon to be husband (we're honeymooning at disney and it will be his first trip) that we will have to go back again and that it should be for the halloween party season!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The first time we did MNSSHP (2005) we got just an insane amount of candy. At one of the last trick or treat stations we stopped at the CM took my daughters Mickey pumpkins and packed them so full of candy that when you turned them upside down nothing fell out. As we were leaving that trick or treat station the CM noticed that we had a big stroller with storage underneath and offered to fill up the bottom of the stroller! When all was said and done we were pushing near 60 lbs of candy.

Jessie&Buzz

In 2004 they had everyone that was going to the party go to Tomorrowland from 6 (closing time for the public) to 7 (party time). We were the first in line at the candy station at CoP. The CM asked what our name was and where we were from. Then he announced it to everyone and gave my kids a bag full of candy and I mean full. They also had the other bags which got filled durning the night. It was awesome! I just now wish my hubby and I would have had costumes and trick or treated with them.

ArielWannaBe

Original Poster

-m

OMG! I am even more excited now!!!!!!!!! :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

No1DopeyFan

Visited MNSSHP last year, and loved every minute of it. And yes I was trick or treating right there along with my kids. Also, they did have the long rectangular stand full of Snickers. You just went up to it and filled up your bag... The park is done wonderfully and so many characters are out, it was great, can't wait to go back this year !!!!! :sohappy:

MissM

OKay thanks sooo much for those pictures. The teacup full of candy is amazing!!! And you looked gorgeous in your dress! And needlesstosay the fireworks video was amazing. I'm going to the P&PP and hope it's just as amazing as that night was(or looks).
Thanks! It was hard to photograph, but I was wearing my black angel wings as well. It's what happens when I couldn't figure out what to wear for Halloween and saw that cool dress cheap at Ross. :animwink:

MissM - thank you for posting your pictures. They single-handedly convinced my soon to be husband (we're honeymooning at disney and it will be his first trip) that we will have to go back again and that it should be for the halloween party season!
:D Most welcome!

Halloween was SO much fun. Probably my single MOST fun day. (And I've been lucky enough to go on special days many times.)

I can't encourage people enough to dress up and get into the spirit of it at MNSSHP. It's amazing how much fun you have being dressed up, trick-or-treating at Disney. It's just great.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom