Tree's In the Hub at MK

oliveirach

Original Poster
Just getting in from working at Magic Kingdom tonight and thought y'all would like to know the trees in the hub around the Parteners statue have been removed to make viewing the Castle during Wishes easier.

Later,
Chris O.

CTXRover

I imagine they will be replaced with smaller trees soon, like what happened at the hub near the train station on Main Street earlier this year. Thanks for the update!

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by CTXRover
I imagine they will be replaced with smaller trees soon, like what happened at the hub near the train station on Main Street earlier this year. Thanks for the update!

It is said that the planters will be filled with a new holiday display for the time being.

CTXRover

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
It is said that the planters will be filled with a new holiday display for the time being.

Hmm.. interesting. Do you have any idea what it may be? Holiday trees perhaps? That area will look "naked" without something of decent size there :lol:

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by CTXRover
Hmm.. interesting. Do you have any idea what it may be? Holiday trees perhaps? That area will look "naked" without something of decent size there :lol:

Not a clue. I am actually surprised at how little time it took form the beginning of wishes until now to get the trees removed. I am sure it started as guest complaint because you couldnt see the castle from many of the hub areas due to the trees. LOL, its kind of like building a theatre that requires support columns throughout the seating area that block the view of the stage.

I have a feeling the trees will remain gone even after the holidays. From a psychological point of view not having them gives the area a much less confining feel. Of course wait till a hot July day :)

boo52

Horticulture has said that Poinsettia trees will sit in the missing tree area until after the holidays and then new trees will be installed. They are rumored to be Magnolia trees.

Shaman

I guess it was only a matter of time...when I heard about Wishes the trees just stuck out in my mind...MK is not like Epcot where you can just stand and pratically see everything without anything obstructing your vision of the show....

It should be interesting to see what they do now....

BRER STITCH

This is actually a good thing!
The trees also were blocking views during nightly fireworks and Spectromagic parades before!

I am sure WDW can do some nice things there with smaller trees and garden beds that will improve the area for viewing.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Donfan

Originally posted by boo52
Horticulture has said that Poinsettia trees will sit in the missing tree area until after the holidays and then new trees will be installed. They are rumored to be Magnolia trees.

Magnolias get huge. Look at the ones over at Port Orleans-Riverside. Of course, it will take several years, then they can replace them, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom