Treehouse Villas

tahqa

The treehouses are nice. They're quiet as they are fairly isolated and most of the noise you'd hear comes from being next to a golf course. They have bus service to the parks and boat service to DTD. They also have a small pool.

On the flip-side, however, is that pretty much everything else for the tree-houses (dining, shopping, etc) is at Saratoga Springs. It's a walkable distance with a pathway, but it's just something to consider.

FitzherbertFreak

I completely agree with @Marijil the tree houses are way more affordable if you go with another family. The can sleep 9 people... not counting your smuggled in blowup mattress. :p Honestly though, I would stay there if I was having hotel days. Of course everyone loves going to the parks, but those villas are so great,you almost need to spend a day or two enjoying them. Plus, you can take a ferry boat (like at PORS & POFQ) to DD.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Having stayed there multiple times, we absolutely love them! We are DVC owners there, and prefer the peace and quiet of the area after a day at the parks. The boat to DtD is very relaxing. A few caveats. If you don't have a vehicle, you will have to take 2 buses to get to the parks. When we stayed there, we drove over to the Grandstand area, and took the bus from there, then just drove back in the evening. The pool is quiet, but does not have a pool bar. If you purchase the refillable mugs (though I don't know why anyone would do that nowadays), you will have to either walk or take a bus to either the Grandstand pool bar during the day, or to Artists Palette in the evening to refill the mug. Since we don't require a pool bar, or get the mugs, these are not drawbacks for us. As far as transportation goes, we have no problems with Disney buses, as we enjoy meeting new people. We are there to relax, and do not commando the parks. I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing a quiet and relaxing stay.

dukehoopsfan

We (9 of us) stayed at the villas December 22 through the 27th. I called DVC member services and requested a few villas and we were placed in Villa # 7034. This villa is right on the walking path to the main building and it is steps away from the internal resort bus stop as well. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus to pick us up - and even waiting for a park bus was never more than 10 or 15 minutes. Our deck did not face the golf course - but our living room windows did - so we have a nice view. It was not overly cramped at all in the villa with the 9 of us (and we did not have any small children - the "children" were 15, 18, 19, 24, 26 and then the 4 parents.) We did not have any issues with running out of hot water for baths/showers either - and of the 9 - 5 are girls! :) We had more than enough "living space" between the living room, the dining room with the table that sat 6 and then 3 at the breakfast bar area. We even had room for a 4 foot Christmas tree that we had shipped down prior! It was a great place to stay for all of us and I wouldn't hesitate staying there again!

71dsp

We really enjoyed them, but the only drawback was walking to the internal bus stop for a van to pick us up and take us to the regular bus stop (it was too far to walk for sure). We had 4 adults and 4 kids. We had to split the showering times between day and night because we regularly ran out of hot water in the mornings. This was a few years ago, so hopefully some things have changed. They were in the middle of refurbishing the internal bus routes and stops for the Tree House Villas to the regular bus stop. Not sure what the deal was with the water. We called to notify them of the problem several times, but it was never really solved.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Staying there again this year. We had 7 in the house never had an issue with water. parking on the other hand. Used to enjoy the late night dash across the golf course dodging the sprinklers, as it was quicker than waiting for a damn internal bus.

slg_2744

Hello! I've been reading the posts on this forum for a while but I finally decided to join. I have a question regarding transportation and the Treehouse Villas. I've been reading some pretty disheartening stuff about long waits for buses from the treehouses, but I've also noticed that the posts seem to mostly reference pre-2014 trips. Has anyone stayed there recently (in the past two or three months, say) and could tell me if there have been any improvements made to the system? According to the MDE map of Saratoga, there's a bus stop at one end of the villas area. Is that new or is that just for the shuttle I've read about? We're staying in a treehouse villa next month and I'm hoping the bus situation doesn't bring us down. We rely on those buses; we're really not looking to rent a car or pay for taxis everyday.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hello! I've been reading the posts on this forum for a while but I finally decided to join. I have a question regarding transportation and the Treehouse Villas. I've been reading some pretty disheartening stuff about long waits for buses from the treehouses, but I've also noticed that the posts seem to mostly reference pre-2014 trips. Has anyone stayed there recently (in the past two or three months, say) and could tell me if there have been any improvements made to the system? According to the MDE map of Saratoga, there's a bus stop at one end of the villas area. Is that new or is that just for the shuttle I've read about? We're staying in a treehouse villa next month and I'm hoping the bus situation doesn't bring us down. We rely on those buses; we're really not looking to rent a car or pay for taxis everyday.

No that has been there since the treehouses were remodelled. . It collects and takes you to SSR to get park buses. Given the level of occupancy recently I cant imagine them forking out more transport. You could walk to SSR.

slg_2744

No that has been there since the treehouses were remodelled. . It collects and takes you to SSR to get park buses. Given the level of occupancy recently I cant imagine them forking out more transport. You could walk to SSR.
Thanks! I've been reading around and I might see if we can request a villa on the end nearest the Grandstand and Springs stops so we can either walk or at least have shorter trips to the on the THV bus. I'm not too concerned for most of the trip (we're staying eight days and we're pretty laid back in our plans) but the first few days we have a guest with us who's never been to WDW so we need to squeeze in as much as possible.

Anyone know how frequent and how long the THV shuttle bus runs? And also how's the boat transportation from SSR to OKW?

Bparso87

Most likely staying here next October the only thing I am worried about is the transportation I stayed at Saratoga before and there buses sucked already and that is not waiting on another one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom