treasure hunt

ekorey

Has anyone done or is anyone familiar with the treasure hunt cruise form the GF for children. My children are 6, 6, and 9 and I'm wondering if i should make a reservation.

JPVonDrake

ekorey said:
Has anyone done or is anyone familiar with the treasure hunt cruise form the GF for children. My children are 6, 6, and 9 and I'm wondering if i should make a reservation.

I would be happy to give you an overview of Disney's Pirate Adventure.

The Disney's Pirate Adventure cruise is open to children ages 4-12 who are fully potty trained (no pull-ups.) It is a child only event (no grown-ups!) and cost $27.18 per child plus tax. The cruise takes sail on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 9:30 am and returns at 11:30 am. Each cruise hold only about 24 children so you want to book early (up to 90 days in advance.) Once booked you will want to arrive about 15-30 minutes before your child's scheduled departure at the Grand Floridian Maria.

Children will wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. Following these clues and the Pirate's trail, they will sail to many exotic "ports of call" to collect this treasure. During the voyage, the children will enjoy a reading of "The Legend of Gasparilla" (a real Florida Pirate). At the final port of call, children will have lunch and split up the "buried treasure."

Pirate treasure includes: "gold" coins, mardi gras beads, rings, pirate eye patches, small compasses, rubber bugs, stickers, etc.
Lunch during the excursion includes: Peanut Butter and Jelly, Gummy Bears, Rice Crispy Treat, and a Fruit Punch Box.

This is an extremely popular event, and most kids love the fact that they get to go without Mommy or Daddy. For the adults, keep in mind that the Grand Floridian Spa is right there, and is also a very popular place to go while the kids are on their cruise.

To book the cruise for your little ones, call 1-407-WDW-DINE. To book the a Spa treatment for the adults call 1-407-824-2332.

A simular cruise is now availiable at the Yacht Club Maria called Disney's Albatross Treasure Cruise and sets sail on Wednesdays only.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

WDWCP

Man... No matter how much I already know and how much I continually learn about WDW, I continue to be amazed that there's still more and more things that are new to me!

Thanks for sharing about this one! I have no kids, but wish I could go on it myself. Think anyone would notice a 6'2" "kid" along on the trip? :)

Upvote 0

mrtoad

I did the cruise about 30 years ago but it was from the Polynesian as there was no GF at that time. It was also at night, not durring the day. My sisters and I did it and we left on a pontoon boat with some "pirates" who if I remember correclty took us around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon looking for an island with Treasure which wound up to be Treasure Island, later Discovery Island and later yet closed. We had a scavenger hunt and then sat around a bon fire and I think heard stories and roasted marshmellows.

It was excellent! But it is much different now from the descriptions I have heard I guess because in this day and age Disney probably does not want kids out without their parents in a boat in the dark for one.

Upvote 0

Buckeye

My 7 year old son was booked for the Pirate Adventure on June 11. He was a little disappointed that the "cruise" part did not take place due to threats of rain. It did rain a little, but nothing that would have been dangerous. As this is central Florida in the summer, I'd bet there are "threats" of rain on many days and the Pirates don't actually get to cruise on many occasions. They did search for treasure on the GF grounds and he said it was fun, just not what he was looking forward to.

Upvote 0

inafog

I'd love to go too. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the 3-yr-old to turn 4. I'll send them both out and settle back and read a book until they come back.

Does anyone know if they will serve different food? My kids absolutely will not eat peanut butter (the 6 yr old tells people he is allergic to it, but he isn't).

Upvote 0

mrtoad

inafog said:
I'd love to go too. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the 3-yr-old to turn 4. I'll send them both out and settle back and read a book until they come back.

Does anyone know if they will serve different food? My kids absolutely will not eat peanut butter (the 6 yr old tells people he is allergic to it, but he isn't).

I would think they have to due to peanut allergies. I am sure if you ask you can get something else.

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
I am thinking of sending my kids on this cruise while I meet with some WDW Employees about an upcoming convention we may have at Disney.

Is there anyone who has 1st hand (well, 2nd hand I guess) experience about this that can translate how their child liked/didn't like this? My boys are 5 and 6 years old and love to play pirates.

Upvote 0

Buckeye

MichRX7 said:
I am thinking of sending my kids on this cruise while I meet with some WDW Employees about an upcoming convention we may have at Disney.

Is there anyone who has 1st hand (well, 2nd hand I guess) experience about this that can translate how their child liked/didn't like this? My boys are 5 and 6 years old and love to play pirates.

Yes, see my post above.

Sheesh....typical of a Michigan guy to not pay attention.

GO BUCKS!
O - H - I - O!

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
Buckeye said:
Yes, see my post above. Sheesh....typical of a Michigan guy to not pay attention.

a) It probably rained because your son is a Bucks fan :lookaroun
b) I was looking for a report on what actually happens when it doesn't rain :p
c) It won't rain since my kids are Meeeeechigan fans :sohappy:

Thanks I did read your report. Hopefully he wasn't too disappointed. I'd hate to think of any child having a bad time at WDW even if their parents are @$! fans. :lol:

Upvote 0

Buckeye

MichRX7 said:
a) It probably rained because your son is a Bucks fan :lookaroun
b) I was looking for a report on what actually happens when it doesn't rain :p
c) It won't rain since my kids are Meeeeechigan fans :sohappy:

Thanks I did read your report. Hopefully he wasn't too disappointed. I'd hate to think of any child having a bad time at WDW even if their parents are @$! fans. :lol:

Sorry, I know this is off topic.....

25-21

:lol:

Back on topic, I think your kids will really enjoy the "Pirate Cruise" whether it rains or not. Even if we disagree on football, we can at least agree on WDW. Have a good trip. :D

Upvote 0

tink rules

My only experience of it was when I was looking for my brick outside of MK. The boat went by and they had all the kids singing "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A pirates life for me...YEAH!!!!!!!!" It was so cute to hear a boat full of kids screaming it at the top of their lungs!!!

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
Buckeye said:
Sorry, I know this is off topic.....

25-21

:lol:

Back on topic, I think your kids will really enjoy the "Pirate Cruise" whether it rains or not. Even if we disagree on football, we can at least agree on WDW. Have a good trip. :D

Ok, ok...now that Bo/Woody week is over let's get back to the good stuff. It's getting close now and my kids wake up every morning to tell me how many days left until we leave. This sounds fun either rain or shine. Plus it's run by WDW I'm sure it'll be great.

I really do hope your son had a good time even with the rain.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom