TRAVESTY in ANIMATION

sWANNISAX

Original Poster
I KNOW THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM SO DONT JUMP DOWN MY THROAT LIKE SOME OF YOU ALWAYS DO TO OTHERS BUT EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD NEEDS TO READ THIS THANKS

Hey everyone I've got terrible new Moriarty over at Aint it Cool News Has posted one of the most shocking and horrible things ive read about disney in last 10 years. He is reporting that Brother Bear and Home on the Range will be the last two hand drawn animated features for the disney company EVER!!!!!!! This is ridiculous they are going to abandon the medium that they made legit. I'm so disgusted. We as fans need to band together and make them keep traditional animation. http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14515 chek out the article here. Post your ideas and frustration here!!!

YOU SUCK MICHAEL EISNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAYBE YOU SHOULD DUMP ABC BEFORE YOU DUMP 2D Animation!!!! ADMIT YOU R THE FOOL WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE BY SAYING YOU WERE WRONG TO BUY ABC!!!!!!

TURKEY

How do you really feel?

If you knew it was in the wrong place, why did you post it here, especially when you already posted it in the right forum.

Not everyone needs to read this. It's probally not true, kind of like someone said in the right place.

tigsmom

I really can't see this happening in the near future. I know the younger generation is more familiar with computer gen stuff (my kid wants to work for pixar) but it is an art form that should be saved for future generations.

NowInc

as said in the other thread::

Again..blaming the WRONG person..Eisner really has nothing to do with this RUMOR...

I can also tell you that its not 100% true I know of 3 other productions currently being made that are 2D.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by sWANNISAX
I KNOW THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM SO DONT JUMP DOWN MY THROAT LIKE SOME OF YOU ALWAYS DO TO OTHERS BUT EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD NEEDS TO READ THIS THANKS

Hey everyone I've got terrible new Moriarty over at Aint it Cool News Has posted one of the most shocking and horrible things ive read about disney in last 10 years. He is reporting that Brother Bear and Home on the Range will be the last two hand drawn animated features for the disney company EVER!!!!!!! This is ridiculous they are going to abandon the medium that they made legit. I'm so disgusted. We as fans need to band together and make them keep traditional animation. http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=14515 chek out the article here. Post your ideas and frustration here!!!

YOU SUCK MICHAEL EISNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAYBE YOU SHOULD DUMP ABC BEFORE YOU DUMP 2D Animation!!!! ADMIT YOU R THE FOOL WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE BY SAYING YOU WERE WRONG TO BUY ABC!!!!!!

DO NOT INSULT MICHEAL EISNER!!!! He is the Walt Disney Company's savior. If it weren't for him, there would be no such thing as the Walt Disney Company any more.:mad: There rumor is outragousely false. Micheal Eisner is not stupid. He will make sure that the Walt Disney Company continues Walt Disney's dream of animation!!!!!!!!:mad: Sorry. I'm in a bad mood.:fork:

darthdarrel

I hate to say this but, I to have heard this from many differant sources. CGI is What it`s going to be fron now on atleast for Disney.

EchoOfOphelia

There is nothing wrong with CGI, its the future of animation. Walt Disney believed in progress and finding new and innovative ways of doing things, I think he would have been facinated by CGI. This "rumor" has no basis, it has not been confirmed, etc...
Take a chill pill...

Shaman

:sohappy:

It would be too radical of a move...I think Disney would probably wean us off 2D before really getting into CGI. I suspect that somehow they'll incorporate 3D computer graphics with 2D, like they did in Treasure Planet, and like they've been doing in movies for a long time now. Then again, maybe Disney won't get rid of 2D all together, maybe they'll go back to it now and then. Remember, Lilo and Stitch I think was the first film to use water color backgrounds in a long while.
Disney needs to get on the CGI bandwagon because I doubt they will be signing on with PIXAR again, and who needs them anyway. Disney has been around for a longer period, they can tackle the computer medium as best as PIXAR maybe even better. Just my opinion on the matter.:p

Tim G

Re: Re: TRAVESTY in ANIMATION

Originally posted by imagineer boy
DO NOT INSULT MICHEAL EISNER!!!! He is the Walt Disney Company's savior. If it weren't for him, there would be no such thing as the Walt Disney Company any more.:mad: There rumor is outragousely false. Micheal Eisner is not stupid. He will make sure that the Walt Disney Company continues Walt Disney's dream of animation!!!!!!!!:mad: Sorry. I'm in a bad mood.:fork:

Calm down Imagineer Boy....

Take a deep breath...

Easy does it...

Goofster

If I remeber that article correctly, I got the impression that Home on the Range and Brother Bear are the last two 2-D movies that have been announced and that it didn't necessarily mean they were the last two ever, in fact that is impossible, but that the success of these two movies (which seem like they're shaping up to be two of the greatest movies Walt Disney Pictures has released in a decade) will determine how soon we see 2-D movies. That was just the impression I got.

But no, Disney will definitely release more 2-D in the future, maybe just not the near future.

Still, go see Brother Bear and Home on the Range, and save 2-D!!!!

MicBat

Re: Re: TRAVESTY in ANIMATION

ai yi yi!... calm down there...

You do have a very good point there, though. Look at the work of the Walt Disney Company from the time Walt Died in 1966 up until the mid 80's when Eisner came in... let's just say it wasn't the absolute best and the ratings and popularity showed just this... The company was basically going down hill... now look at it! If it weren't for Eisner, the Disney company might not even exist today... Just my opinion, anyway... I'm not saying I like the guy or anything, but he is anything but the "worst thing that happened to the Disney Company."

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
There is nothing wrong with CGI, its the future of animation. Walt Disney believed in progress and finding new and innovative ways of doing things, I think he would have been facinated by CGI.

While I do very much agree there is nothing wrong with CGI and that Walt would have loved it, it would be a tragedy to see all the hand drawn animation staff kicked out of Disney animation's doors. So much talent would go to waist if all we had were CGI anmimated cartoons/features. I am not at all against utilizing both forms of animation together. in fact, I think it really brings the two art forms together very nicely. But I think there are many aspects to hand drawn animation that CGI just can't accomplish, as well as vice versa. I dont think Toy Story could have been made with any other form of animation for it to have been as wonderful as it was. And I dont think Lilo and Stitch would have been as beautiful had the characters/backgrounds been made with CGI.

And just to go off subject, I dont think The Nightmare Before Christmas would have been nearly as cooky and fun if it wern't done using stop-motion (Although I sadly do not see any more stop-motion features being made anymore :( . Does anyone have any info contrary to this? I wonder if Tim Burton had maintained a good relationship with Disney we would have seen more stop-motion animated movies from him)

I hope we can see a future where all these forms of animation are being used side by side!

darthdarrel

Re: Re: Re: TRAVESTY in ANIMATION

Originally posted by MicBat
ai yi yi!... calm down there...

You do have a very good point there, though. Look at the work of the Walt Disney Company from the time Walt Died in 1966 up until the mid 80's when Eisner came in... let's just say it wasn't the absolute best and the ratings and popularity showed just this... The company was basically going down hill... now look at it! If it weren't for Eisner, the Disney company might not even exist today... Just my opinion, anyway... I'm not saying I like the guy or anything, but he is anything but the "worst thing that happened to the Disney Company."
Yes Eisner did some good,I will never dispute the fact,but he did not do it alone! I can`t remember his name right now,It`s on the tip of my tongue,but just can`t think of it right now, but he had a partner and he was the brains behind Disney`s comeback!
Kind of makes you wonder how much greater Disney would be today,if he had not gotten killed! :(

imagineer boy

Re: Re: Re: Re: TRAVESTY in ANIMATION

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Yes Eisner did some good,I will never dispute the fact,but he did not do it alone! I can`t remember his name right now,It`s on the tip of my tongue,but just can`t think of it right now, but he had a partner and he was the brains behind Disney`s comeback!
Kind of makes you wonder how much greater Disney would be today,if he had not gotten killed! :(

I think the person you're reffering to is Frank Wells.

darthdarrel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TRAVESTY in ANIMATION

I think the person you're reffering to is Frank Wells.
That`s it! :D Thanks imagineerboy:wave:
I knew it,just couldn`t think of the name when I posted it LOL!:D
But Frank was indeed the genius behind Disney`s comeback!,It`s such a shame that he died,I think he died in a helicopter crash if I`m not mistaken.

prberk

I know that it is not completely reliable, but the animator at the end of the animation tour told me two weeks ago that it appears that Burbank will be going largely digital, and the Orlando will be staying traditional and doing most of the traditional work. He said both forms would exist and co-exist into the foreseeable future, but that hand-drawn animation would be concentrated in Florida.

NowInc

Disney has been activily moving their entire animation department to Orlando....

..again..i can tell you that traditional will ALWAYS have a place at disney ;)

pisco

I'd like to clear up the misconception that CGI and 3D are synonymous. Just because Disney projects may no longer be hand-drawn does not mean that they can not have the look of traditional hand-drawn animation.

A good example would be South Park. This show looks like really crappy cardboard cut-outs but is in fact all done with 3D CGI software. The advantage is that they were able to create the basic shapes needed for each charater once and then use them over and over as needed. Not only does this cut cost (which I am sure excites the current Disney management team) it allows for dramatically reduced production times. The South Park team have, on occasion, completed epsiodes within 24 hours of air time so as to be able to include very topical content. Aside from shortening production times and lowering cost, the added flexibility of doing 2D CGI could potentially allow the animators to try many different "takes" of a scene with different blocking, camera angles, ect. without having to completly redraw each scene.

I do think that the majority of future animation projects will be 3D simply because it is what most kids are being raised on with video games. But I suspect that there will always be a place for more traditional looking animation. Whether it is produced on computers or by hand matters not at all to me. The quality of the end result is all that is important.

Well, that's my .02¢.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom