Travelling to places

RobUK

A friend of mine is looking at going to Florida on holiday, especially Disney. However, he’s also looking at visiting Miami, Universal, shopping malls, etc etc.

Now when I’ve been I’ve traditionally stayed at hotels in parks and used shuttle buses or walked. My friend is happy to drive.

Are there many other ways of commuting around other than shuttles or driving that are fairly regular and/or flexible? For example, off-site hotels run excursions - are they good? Is there much of a cab/taxi business?

Sorry for asking so many questions 😢

JIMINYCR

We’ve been relying on Uber a lot when needing to get around. There are plenty of drivers available in the area and the cost tends to be competitive to the taxi services. Drivers have been very pleasant and very reliable on timing for arrival for pick ups. Tracking them as they are close also let’s you watch for them .
We haven’t stayed off site so I’m not knowledgeable about what shuttle services at hotels are reliable.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I've stayed off site and used some of their offered shuttles - they're FINE. My biggest issue is the time restraints from them.
My best suggestions would be to stay somewhere with reliable transportation to wherever you're going the most and then Uber or Lyft otherwise.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Orlando to Miami is like Liverpool to Edinburgh. It's not a quick commute, it's a several-hours drive.
Have them stick to central Florida. Depending on the length of the trip I suggest Disney, UNI, Kennedy Space Center with a side trip to Cocoa Beach(if they're driving), there are various outlet malls in Orlando 2 with Disney stores

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom