Traveling with Pins?

Earl Stenlund

My family is going to Disney World in late April. I have a bunch of my Disney pins attached to my Domke camera bag. Does anyone know if I have will have issues with airport security? I know I won't if I take them off and store them in a carry on but I really don't want to remove them from my camera bag and have to reattach them when we land.

CaptainAmerica

You'll be fine. I've lost three Swiss Army Knives to the TSA on three separate occasions (forgot they were in my bag), but the Mickey pin that's been on my backpack for about seven years has never been questioned.

Upvote 0

Earl Stenlund

Original Poster
Awesome... I was worried with them being on the outside they would have some sort of issue. On the plus side having them on my camera bag saves me from having to wear a lanyard as well

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

They shouldn't pose any problem. Just to ensure that nothing gets bumped, caught or otherwise tangled up, be sure to place your camera bag in a plastic bin when it goes through the metal detector.

Upvote 0

Earl Stenlund

Original Poster
I do have lock backs for them. Majority on my camera bag are Aminco's MLB/Disney pins... Can't beat Mickey and friends dressed up in your favorite teams colors. Go Cards! For this Disney trip I will be adding my Disney trading pins to the bag for trading purposes.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You shouldnt have an issue. I've never had a problem with TSA and pins except once when I had my pin bag go though a scanner in of all places Orlando. The bag had about a hundred pins I had traded or bought during my trip and they had to call a supervisor in, get his approval that I could fly with it, flip through every page and check out every pin to make sure I want going to overtake the flight crew with a Jiminy pin. :jawdrop:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom