Travel Time between Hollywood Studios and Epcot, via boat

Stine

hi all! I was just wondering the approximate travel time between Hollywood Studios and Epcot, via the Friendship boat. I would be using the boat mid-day. Also, if you know the frequency of boats, I would appreciate that info also.

I expect to add time on for travel to the boats and wait time, as well as travel time to my destination (Norway), for a 2:00 reservation after arriving in Epcot. Just wondering how long the boat ride is, and if there is a schedule that they follow, i.e. on the half hour or hour.

Thanks for your help.

belledream

The route should be: Hollywood Studios to Swan & Dolphin, to Yacht & Beach Club, to BoardWalk, to Epcot. I would estimate at least 30-45 minutes. It's not far, but it will stop at all these resorts and have people getting on and off.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Unless you can get on the boat directly upon leaving, walking is usually faster. Especially if you cut through BW by the clown pool. So about 30 mins, but may take longer depending on the load/unload at each stop.

Likewise, even the captains will recommend getting off at Swolphin and walking to BW from DHS, or getting off at BW and walking to Swolphin from Epcot as its faster.

Upvote 0

Stine

Original Poster
Thanks. I just went on the Disney site and checked out their map. So, if I am pressed for time, I can just take the walkway shown across from the boat launch to the Boardwalk Hotel, cut through the Luna Pool area to the front of the Boardwalk and continue taking the walkway along the water straight into the World Showcase? We generally walk quickly, so 30 minutes might not be so bad, depending on weather and how are feet are feeling that day.

Is the walkway marked? The map makes it look like there is only one, on the BW side of the canal.

Thanks again! This is the only part of my trip where I am trying to get from a "bus" park to a "monorail" park and I may be pressed for time depending on the mornings activities. I assume that the boat/walk is shorter than the bus to the TTC and then the monorail to Epcot, especially as I need to end up in WS anyway.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

Too long. The walk is around 15 mins and is one of the nicest walks on property. My buddy and I did it last year after leaving DHS and walking to the ESPN club for dinner.

We did the boat in 2011 and between waiting for it and the ride itself....it felt like forever and took around 35 mins.

Upvote 0

EricJ

Unless you can get on the boat directly upon leaving, walking is usually faster. Especially if you cut through BW by the clown pool. So about 30 mins, but may take longer depending on the load/unload at each stop.

Not to mention, the International Gateway dock is next to England, on the complete opposite side of World Showcase from Norway.

Upvote 0

Stine

Original Poster
I did see that it was on the opposite side. I think it would still be better to walk around (or time permitting, a boat across the lagoon) than to take the bus from HS to the main entrance and then cut across Future World. Definitely will plan on walking all the way from HS to EP, or if the boat is there when we leave, part of the way from one of the hotels. Thanks. This was the one nagging part of my planning that I was having trouble with.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thanks. I just went on the Disney site and checked out their map. So, if I am pressed for time, I can just take the walkway shown across from the boat launch to the Boardwalk Hotel, cut through the Luna Pool area to the front of the Boardwalk and continue taking the walkway along the water straight into the World Showcase? We generally walk quickly, so 30 minutes might not be so bad, depending on weather and how are feet are feeling that day.

Is the walkway marked? The map makes it look like there is only one, on the BW side of the canal.

Thanks again! This is the only part of my trip where I am trying to get from a "bus" park to a "monorail" park and I may be pressed for time depending on the mornings activities. I assume that the boat/walk is shorter than the bus to the TTC and then the monorail to Epcot, especially as I need to end up in WS anyway.

There is only the one path. Walk out DHS, past the resort buses, towards the off property buses. Following the edge of the water, you should see a small sign indicating BW or similar.

You don't need to take a bus to TTC. Right about where the walkway starts by DHS there is an Epcot bus stop. It's not with the resort bus pick ups, but it is there.

I did see that it was on the opposite side. I think it would still be better to walk around (or time permitting, a boat across the lagoon) than to take the bus from HS to the main entrance and then cut across Future World. Definitely will plan on walking all the way from HS to EP, or if the boat is there when we leave, part of the way from one of the hotels. Thanks. This was the one nagging part of my planning that I was having trouble with.

The fastest way of the three, bus from DHS to Epcot, boat from DHS to Epcot, or walking from DHS to Epcot will really depend on the arrival time of the method. If the boat or bus shows up as you are walking by and can get on it, that should be no slower than walking. But if you need to wait, then walking is almost definitely faster.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My two cents~ remember to take the weather into account. If it is raining or the sun is beating down or the humidity is 110% , any of those will make for a miserable walk.

Also, from the exit of DHS to Norway in Epcot is a HEFTY walk. It is not a short stroll.

I don't like to rush on my vacation and even though walking might be faster in the best of circumstances, I would build time in to take the boat or bus.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

I walked this in September of 2013. I went back and looked at the pictures I took along the way. It only took 25 minutes to walk from HS to EPCOT back entrance. Here are pictures along the way. Back side of ToT and beating the boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Too long. The walk is around 15 mins and is one of the nicest walks on property. My buddy and I did it last year after leaving DHS and walking to the ESPN club for dinner.

We did the boat in 2011 and between waiting for it and the ride itself....it felt like forever and took around 35 mins.

I rode the boat twice a few weeks ago and it is painfully slow and such a waste of time unless your feet need a good rest. It was near 90 one afternoon and the other day it was raining so we hopped on.

I really wish Disney would alter their transportation thinking for the boats between Epcot and the Studios. At both parks those boats linger far too long during the daytime which just tacks on the minutes to the transportation time.
If I were the Empress of the shuttle boat I would implement the same philosophy as the MK monorail loops. One set of boats would be a resort loop boats and two boats would be express boats that shuttled only between the Studios and Epcot. Disney could really accomplish this without the need to expand the docks at the Studios or Epcot by not having the boats holding at the docks at the parks for over 10 minutes just hang'n around. There would be less guests to load and unload. Currently the way Disney operates these shuttle boats is the least efficient manner to transport guests in a timely fashion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom