Travel Agent Ticket Upgrade

founders fan

Original Poster
Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade discounted tickets purchased as a travel agent to an annual pass? If so are you credited based on what you paid or the value of the full price ticket? Thanks!

Gillyanne

I've never tested it myself, but the DFB video I watched recently mentioned discounted tickets can be upgraded, and they use the gate/window/current price to do so. They used example of finding discount tickets at Sam's Club and the like, but it sounds like it would be any ticket.

So it sounds like you can, and you still save the few bux.

founders fan

Original Poster
I've never tested it myself, but the DFB video I watched recently mentioned discounted tickets can be upgraded, and they use the gate/window/current price to do so. They used example of finding discount tickets at Sam's Club and the like, but it sounds like it would be any ticket.

So it sounds like you can, and you still save the few bux.
I heard that in the DFB video as well. I know it's possible with discounted tickets through Sam's, Undercover Tourist, and the others but where these tickets are a little different and come directly from Disney I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I figure we will at least give it a try and see what happens.

Club Cooloholic

I heard that in the DFB video as well. I know it's possible with discounted tickets through Sam's, Undercover Tourist, and the others but where these tickets are a little different and come directly from Disney I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I figure we will at least give it a try and see what happens.
I know that after attaching my tickets that I got from Undercover Tourist to my MDE #, I was asked multiple times in the app if I wanted to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass. So it must be possible.

Phonedave

I just saw this thread, so a little late to the party here.

I have done it with discounted tickets from re-sellers. I was told (and have found) that it is best to use the ticket first. In other words enter a park. Then you can do the price bridging. If you don't use it first, and try to bridge it, that is where some of the CMs have issues.

As for TA passes, make sure you read the fine print. I do know that you cannot upgrade the free tickets that Disney gives out to charity events. If you have a charity fundraiser, Disney will very easily give you 4, one day passes, to action off, raffle, whatever. However if you read the fine print on the ticket, since Disney gave them away, they consider them to have $0 in value. You can upgrade them, but there really is no point because you get no value from them.

Since you are paying for TA tickets, I assume they do have some value.

dreamfinder

I would suspect it depends heavily on the discount. WDW usually offers deeply discount tickets to sport teams, bands, etc that travel to WDW for events. Those often state right on them non-upgradable. These also used to be an outlier in that they could only be used on certain days (right around the event in question so you couldn't stock up for other trips). No idea if the TA tickets would be similar, but if they are heavily discounted I suspect they would be similar.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Works with discounted tickets from "re-sellers", but in my experience, discounted tickets purchased through Disney are not upgradable.

I purchased Park Hopper tickets through Disney using the 20% off Canadian Resident discount. I tried to upgrade, after having using the tickets for park entry once, and was told they could only credit what I originally paid.

msteel

It used to be something like this: if Disney knows EXACTLY how much you paid for the ticket that is all you will get. If you bought through a discount broker, Disney may know what the broker paid, but does not know how much YOU paid. As a result they will give you the benefit of the doubt and credit you the maximum retail value of the ticket.

Some years ago when the policy was "expires 14 days from first use" I purchased some tickets from a discounted broker just before an expected price increase and held them for a year or so. Between the time I bought the tickets and we used them, Disney changed their ticket policies to "expires about a year from now on December 31st." This meant that on the day when they retired my ticket type the tickets' exchange value reached its maximum. When I inquired about upgrading the tickets the upgrade was based on the gate price from a year or two earlier, not gate price from that day.

The question then becomes, does Disney know how much the travel agent paid for the ticket, or how much you paid for the ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom