transportation

hicksylove

hello i am staying at POR in april and its my first time at staying at a disney resort. I am wondering if anyone knows if you can get direct transportation to other non disney parks from the hotel ie universal or busch gardens

TURKEY

The only way you can get from Disney to SeaWorld or Universal would be to take a cab or take one of the Mears shuttles.

Mears only runs a few hours in the morning, on the hour (to get there) and come back later in the afternoon every half hour or so.

Upvote 0
while its not direct its very cheap, go over to the TTC board the lynx bus service #50 after it leaves the TTC it will take you righ outside the seaworld parking lot just let the driver know where you want to go. the fare is $1.25 exact change only. its about a 20 min ride.

Upvote 0

cloudboy

Be aware that Bush Gardens is in Tampa, NOT Orlando area. Easilly doable in a day (boring drive, though). But I would seriously think about renting a car for that day - that way you can stop for meals and such. They will come and pick you up if you rent through the onsite company (National, I think).

Upvote 0

lukacseven

Personally, I prefer taking a taxi to and from the airport and Universal (or other Orlando attractions). I had several bad experiences with Mears, mostly ridiculously long waits for other people so they could have a full van. Then they often stop at numerous locations along the way.

I thought I was all set and scheduled a pick-up at CBR to go to IOA. I ended up sitting in the van for 45 minutes until another family finished their breakfast, then we had to stop and pick more people up at another WDW resort, then stop at Sea World, Wet N' Wild. Needless to stay I finally arrived about 90 minutes behind schedule. I also took a very early flight once so I could get to the parks right when they open, only to sit at the airport and wait for people whose flight was delayed for an hour.

The cab fare from the airport for a family of 4 are cheaper than you'd pay for Mears anyway, and alot of the cab companies will send towncars or vans for larger familes. I'd look into the car rental if you plan on going to BG-Tampa.

Upvote 0

epcot2004

We had a problem with Mears just a few days ago, besides being late they are expensive in my opinion. We have gone to Busch Gardens twice, using our car. I imagine that a cab or shuttle service would be expensive considering that it is about 1.5 hours away.:)

Upvote 0

cloudboy

If you are planning on traveling around to a couple of different places, renting a car may just be the way to go. A number of the rental companies offer some really good rental rates for small cars. That way, if you do need to grab some basic supplies or something, you can (and if you need to save a few dollars, you can also eat at some place out of the park!). There are markets and stores just down the street. You can also get to places like Fantasia Gardens and such much easier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom