Transportation to Boardwalk

gram1554

Original Poster
We will be staying at the CBR and would like to know what the best way to get to the Boardwalk is, and do you think we will have problem getting back if we go to one of the clubs there at night.

paul436

I stayed at CBR a few years ago and to get to the Boardwalk, we took a bus to EPCOT and then walked through the "back" entrance and over to the Boardwalk. It was a very nice walk on a summer evening. To get back, we took a boat to MGM and then a bus back to CBR. I don't know how late you plan to stay at the Boardwalk or how late the buses will be running from the theme parks. I hope this helps a little.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For getting back at night your easiest and sometimes only option is a cab. From BW to CBR should be less than $15. You can do the Epcot or DTD route but you are looking at upwards of an hour or more of travel time.

Clotho

My sister had to make that very trip several times when she came to surprise me on my birthday trip (whee!). We were at Boardwalk and she would meet us there most days, and on evenings like you describe where we decided to hit the Boardwalk shops and bars. Eventually, she got fed up and just took cabs. Because at CBR, there is not only a bus to get you from one place to another outside the resort, but then there is an internal bus system to get you to whatever village you are staying at, which can be a wait in itself. And walking from most of them is really too far, even for her who is an indoor soccer player and loves the exercise. At the end of a long night, especially, that walk would not be welcome.

FWIW, she did think the place was beautiful, but she said she would never stay at that resort again because it was so inconvenient to wait for two buses to get anywhere. Or to have to take a bus to get to the food court for breakfast or the restort shops whatever. I would suggest taking a cab, from what I learned from her experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom