Transportation Time Management Advice Needed

Disney_JB

So, this is might be a long-winded question with multiple parts, but to start let me give some background.

My two siblings and I are going on our first trip to Disney World from the end of this month through the first few days of February. We plan to go to all 4 parks and are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village. We would like to take advantage of staying on property and getting into the parks 30 minutes early. I heard that AKL is far out and transportation can be a bit slow.

Therefore my question is, how early should we leave the hotel to make it to the parks 30 minutes early?

For info, while we are visiting these are the hours of each of the parks(including early entry)- Magic Kingdom 8:30 am to 10 pm, Epcot 8:30 am to 9 pm, Hollywood Studios 8:00 am to 9 pm, and Animal Kingdom 8:30 am to 7 pm.

Would really appreciate any advice or feedback to make sure that we can get to the parks with no issues.

buckeyegator

i would say at least 1 hour, given travel time and getting through the check ins at the various parks. most, if not all resorts have a time table for the arrival of each bus going to each park in the loading area so you can judge when you will leave, give about 5 minutes for loading the bus.

Upvote 0

KTK

I would recommend being at the bus stop 75 minutes before early entry opening time. First bus likely won't come until 60 minutes before opening but it is best to be early just in case. We always get there early. I have seen buses pick up guests and leave quickly and I have seen buses pick up guests and wait 5 minutes or so for any stragglers. Security is easy, you literally walk single file through a detector, no opening of every single bag or camera case unless you get dinged, then you get checked. Cast members will scan your card or magic band to confirm you are eligible for early entry. At Hollywood Studios, they scan you after getting through security in front of the ticket counters. At Animal Kingdom, they scan you right after park entrance off to the left side. At Magic Kingdom, they scan you near the entrance of Tomorrowland (signs are posted). At Epcot, we went through the International Gateway so I am not sure how it is done through the front. When they scan, you need your whole party together since they only need to scan one person in the group (as long as they are part of the same reservation).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom