Transportation help

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I’m having a hell of a time trying to get my family in SoCal to help me figure out how to get to Disneyland tomorrow, so i thought the best step would be to ask my Disney family. Can anyone suggest the best way to get to and from DL without a car? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Phroobar

Hi everyone!

I’m having a hell of a time trying to get my family in SoCal to help me figure out how to get to Disneyland tomorrow, so i thought the best step would be to ask my Disney family. Can anyone suggest the best way to get to and from DL without a car? Thanks so much for any help you can give.
Depends on where you are.

Kiwiduck

Hi everyone!

If you are coming from LAX and it is just you, the Disneyland Express bus has always worked well for me. If there a more of you a private shuttle or Uber etc may be cheaper.

Darkbeer1

Public transportation options.

Take the Metrolink Train or AMTRAK to the Fullerton Station, and then take the OCTA Route 543 bus to the park entrance.

Take the LA Metro Route 460 bus if near that route.

From the Laguna Hills/Irvine area, OCTA Route 83.

If I knew which city, I could give more detailed options. And if you need to return, and at what time. (Choices get limited after the Fireworks).

Uber/Lyft is usually a decent option going to the park, but you can hit peak charges near park closing.

Also, as mentioned, the Disneyland Express Airport Bus.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Sorry for the lack of details. I am coming from the downtown LA area. Is it true that the Metrolink stops running after a certain time, and does not coordinate with the park closing times?

Darkbeer1

Sorry for the lack of details. I am coming from the downtown LA area. Is it true that the Metrolink stops running after a certain time, and does not coordinate with the park closing times?

Yes, the Metrolink Trains don't run late night.

So from Downtown LA, the cheapest option, and runs every 30 minutes until Midnight. Also a one direst bus that goes from Downtown LA to the Disneyland Main Entrance. It also runs part of the route on the freeway, cutting down the trip to under 2 hours. And with other options needing transfers, not too much longer. The fare is $1.75 plus a freeway surcharge of about 50 cents. So about $5. Bring some singles and coins, and ask the driver for the exact fare. Make sure and bring a back up battery or two for the trip. Last bus leaves at 12:15 AM, so you might need to have someone meet you when you get back to Downtown LA.

https://media.metro.net/riding_metro/bus_overview/images/460.pdf

If you prefer the train, you can take either Metrolink or AMTRAK from Union Station to the Fullerton Station, and then catch the OCTA Route 543/43 bus straight to the Disneyland Main Entrance.

Using AMTRAK, the last train leaves Fullerton at 11:12 PM, that means you need to be at the OCTA Bus Stop next to Captain Kidd's Buffet at 10:35 PM. Puts you at Union Station around Midnight. This will allow you to catch the Fireworks, but then you have to hustle to catch the OCTA bus. With the Metro Bus, you do have a back up.

The cost would be $24 for the round trip AMTRAK ticket, plus $2 each way (Cash aka 2 Singles) for the OCTA Bus.

Uber could be close to $100 round trip, so not a good option for a solo traveler.

Up to you

Californian Elitist

I would only recommend taking the 460 for locals. OP, you should either Lyft/Uber it both ways, or take the Metrolink there and an Uber or Lyft back, since the last train from Anaheim to L.A. leaves at 6 something in the evening.

Darkbeer1

I would only recommend taking the 460 for locals. OP, you should either Lyft/Uber it both ways, or take the Metrolink there and an Uber or Lyft back, since the last train from Anaheim to L.A. leaves at 6 something in the evening.

The options for her are the 460 bus, which does take a bit of time, but no transfers, and hard to get lost. The same bus stop (South end of the line) is used for Disneyland, right under the Monorail track on Harbor. Just make sure the bus says Downtown LA when boarding. And she can stay to Midnight. The bus is safe, and you will see many Disneyland, Knott's and Hotel workers joining you. LA Metro has a fairly new fleet of buses, and are kept clean.

As for the train, the last AMTRAK now leaves the Anaheim area at 11 PM, so you can catch the fireworks and still make the train.

Using the Uber Calculator, it is around $70 RT or more if there is traffic, and that is a given on long trips.

So for $5, just bring a good book, or an electronic device with extra batteries and enjoy the scenic ride.

TP2000

That's just Metrolink. Amtrak runs northbound Surfliners every couple hours all day into the night until the last one of the night leaves Anaheim at 11:03PM and gets to LA Union Station at 11:52PM.

@Darkbeer1 seems to have this handled though. :)

Californian Elitist

The options for her are the 460 bus, which does take a bit of time, but no transfers, and hard to get lost. The same bus stop (South end of the line) is used for Disneyland, right under the Monorail track on Harbor. Just make sure the bus says Downtown LA when boarding. And she can stay to Midnight. The bus is safe, and you will see many Disneyland, Knott's and Hotel workers joining you. LA Metro has a fairly new fleet of buses, and are kept clean.

As for the train, the last AMTRAK now leaves the Anaheim area at 11 PM, so you can catch the fireworks and still make the train.

Using the Uber Calculator, it is around $70 RT or more if there is traffic, and that is a given on long trips.

So for $5, just bring a good book, or an electronic device with extra batteries and enjoy the scenic ride.

The bus is definitely safe. I’ve used it countless times, both early and late at night. It’s just a SUPER long ride. I live around 35 minutes away from the DLR and it takes 2.5 hours to get there by way of the 460. Ugh.

RyanTTD

If you are going to the park on a weekday, I would suggest taking the Metrolink in the morning to the park and the 460 at night.

If you take the Metrolink in the morning, your Metrolink ticket will get you on OCTA 43 or 543 at no additional charge. And at night, your Metrolink ticket gives you a $1.75 discount on the 460 bus fare (full fare is $2.50 each way) .

This will get you to the park before opening and allow you to stay late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom