Transportation Help

Sewer

Original Poster
I'd like to go to Jimmy Buffett's on City Walk, and will be taking a cab from the Disney to get there. My question is; does the cab take you to there, or does it drop you off somewhere so I'll have to walk for a while to get there?

maelstrom

I don't think it's possible for the cab to drop you off right in front of Margaritaville. I'd imagine it will drop you off in the CityWalk parking lot somewhere.

Have a margarita for me! :)

AndyP

There is a drop off point not far from Citywalk, just past the parking garages. You go up the escalators from the drop off point, along the moving walkways to citywalk, and then everything is fairly close by, but you can't get dropped outside any restaurant, there will be some walk (but not far).

crazydaveh

It's no more than a five minute walk from the taxi drop off to M'ville. Stumbling back after a few margaritas is a bit tougher though!:) :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The drop off location, if i recall correctly, it's on the Citywalk side of the bridge from the parking garages on the movie theater side of citywalk.

It's a decent sized walk to get to Margaritaville from there. If you think of Citywalk as a big V going to Universal and IOA, you're at the base of the V and Margaritaville is one of the last places before you reach IOA (which is admittedly cloer than Universal).

Sewer

Original Poster
Thank's!

Thank's for your help. Stumbling back after a few margaritas to the escalators, and the moving walkways is going to be more of a chore that actually getting there! :lol:

daguru

Actually, it more like a big Y....IOA at the end of the left arm and USO at the end of the right arm.

Mville is located just after the split, at the beginning of the left arm....

On the way back though, it may actually seem like a Z...maybe a Q...depends on drink totals....

Gucci65

beyondthepalace said:
just be ready for the cost of a taxi from Disney to UO which will run you around $40 before tax/grat! :hurl:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a round trip on Mears? Last time we went to US, it cost $13.00 each.

Then again, they dropped us off at 9 and picked us up at 5.

How late are you gonna be out?

Sewer

Original Poster
I'm going to check in at Coronado Springs first, get myself together, and go in the afternoon. I'v been to Orlando several times in the past 3 years, and never seem to get to Buffett's. This time around I'm making it a point to get there, and I never really thought of using Mears, thanks for the tip!!!:sohappy:

Gucci65

Sewer said:
I'm going to check in at Coronado Springs first, get myself together, and go in the afternoon. I'v been to Orlando several times in the past 3 years, and never seem to get to Buffett's. This time around I'm making it a point to get there, and I never really thought of using Mears, thanks for the tip!!!:sohappy:

I think you'll be okay. I ate a cheeseburger with about 3 margaritas and still managed to make it back to Mears. Got back to POR about 6pm and went very "Merry" to MVMCP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom