Train tour

Lauriebar

Has anyone ever taken the behind the scenes train tour at MK? My husband LOVES the MK Railroad and I would like to book this if it is worth it.

roysta123

I have been on the tour and for railroad lovers, it is well worth it. I think it is like $20 each which isn't too expensive. You get to see the "roundhouse" which is also the monorail barn. Very cool tour and you can ask any questions you have ever had about anything.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Lauriebar said:
Thanks for your help!! We have been to DW many times and are always looking for new experiences.
Well, stick around the boards, people here bring up all sorts of interesting things and feel free to throw a few in yourself. Also All Ears Net is well worth a good explore for info and ideas.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

barnum42 said:
Well, stick around the boards, people here bring up all sorts of interesting things and feel free to throw a few in yourself. Also All Ears Net is well worth a good explore for info and ideas.

So True!!! Between All Ears and this board, you'll find all the information to plan an awesome vacation to WDW. If you don't see what you're looking for, just ask! Someone will respond quickly with just the right information.

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Lauriebar said:
Has anyone ever taken the behind the scenes train tour at MK? My husband LOVES the MK Railroad and I would like to book this if it is worth it.

Don't know when your going, but i'm planning on taking this tour in early Dec.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Original Poster
We are going in Oct. so we can attend the MNSSHP for the first time. Can't Wait.

Made the reservations for the train tour yesterday, should be great!! Only concern is that you have to arrive at the train shed by 7:15. Disney transportation won't run that early...will it?

Upvote 0

stitch131313

Lauriebar said:
We are going in Oct. so we can attend the MNSSHP for the first time. Can't Wait.

Made the reservations for the train tour yesterday, should be great!! Only concern is that you have to arrive at the train shed by 7:15. Disney transportation won't run that early...will it?

If you have a car with you, you can park at the Contemperary and walk over.

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

Lauriebar said:

My family and I did it. It was okay if you like trains. The tour seemed to be lengthy to me, but if you enjoy that kind of thing it's great. They take you back into the roundhouse and what not. It's a pretty good tour.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

R&RsMom said:
Is this tour good for little ones? My 2 yr old son loves trains so I was wondering if this would be a good thing for him?

Unfortunatly no. Walt Disney World requires guests to be at least 10 years of age. They do take you into a working engine house around potentially dangerous equipment so they want to be safe. But also it's pretty dry and technical with a lot of history lessons. So I'm not sure even a 10 year old would stay entertained the entire time.

But for train buffs with a 10 year old kid inside, the tour is great. You get a lot of history about where the engines all came from and Walt Disney's love of trains. You get to see the engine shed and monorail barn. We got to climb into the cab of one of the steam trains and then watch the engineers start it up cold. Also got to ride along as they took our train on it's pre-opening safety run.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Lauriebar said:

We had to meet in front of the park at 7:15. They had the tour on the same day as the extra magic hour so buses started running from an hour before the park opened so at 7am. I made it from Boardwalk with no problems.

If you are worried about it, the front desk at your resort will be glad to help you arrange a taxi if you do not have your own vehicle.

Upvote 0

edmali

Lauriebar Only concern is that you have to arrive at the train shed by 7:15. Disney transportation won't run that early...will it?[/QUOTE said:
If you don't have a car, the busses start running to MK from the resorts for the early morning breakfasts between 6:30 and 6:45AM.

Ed

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom